S e v e n

GABRIEL

I asked her out on a date, and she said yes. The only thing wrong with the situation is that she's not attracted to me. Every girl is attracted to me, except her of course, and I'm just trying to get her to like me. Or at least be friends, she's not into that stuff.

I pull up in the driveway of my house, and shift the stick to park. I open the door, closing it after I get out, and I see my mom on the patio.

"Back already, Gabriel?" She smiles. My mom always makes jokes and stuff like that, she's cool.

"Yeah, I am. Where's dad?" I ask, returning the smile.

"He left for his business trip this morning." My dad is a serious business associate. Call it fate, but my parents are the total opposite.

"Alright, I'll be in my room getting ready. I have a date tonight." I smile proudly while opening the front door.

"May I ask with who?"

"Blake Walker."

She looks at me with a little confusion. "You mean the Walker child across the street?"

"That would be correct."

"And you have a date with her? Oh, Gabriel."

"Yes, mom. Don't make such a big of a deal." I walk inside the house, closing the door behind me. My sister is standing in the center of the hallway, just in front of me.

"Blake, huh? What happened to 'my darling, beautiful, Addison'? And what's with Blake?" She asks sarcastically.

"We broke up a month ago, Jasmine, and I want to be her friend." I scoff, using her friend's name instead of hers.

"My name is Maggie, Gabriel! M-A-G-G-I-E."

"Congratulations, you know how to spell." I scoff again.

"I should know how to spell since I'm in college? Don't you know anything?" She scoffs back.

"I'll be in my room, getting ready for my date. A date, something you haven't had for two months." I walk up the stairs, ignoring what ever she was going to say.

This is harder than I thought. She may not like me, but I like her. It's never been that difficult for me to choose something to wear. I mean like, what if she prefers tuxes instead of casual clothes? What if she doesn't even have a preference?

I sigh before looking at the clock on my nightstand, it's four fifty-seven. I scavenge around my closet, again, and finally choose a blue t-shirt and jeans. I grab my navy Converse and slip them on.

I was ready.

Two more hours to go so I might as well just lay down.

It was seven twenty when I woke up, so I fix my dark hair, not wanting it to go in my eyes.

I walk down the stairs to my mom and sister staring at me. "What?" I ask.

"Mr. Walker came by when you were upstairs. He wanted to know what you wanted with his daughter." My mom speaks first.

"We told him you wanted to become friends with her." Maggie continues.

"Okay? That's fine, I have to go." I wave good bye to both of them. "Love you, I'll be back in a day!"

"A day?!" Maggie screams.

"I'm only joking!" I open, and close the door once I'm outside.

I sprint across the street to her house, and knock on the door once I reach it. Her brother, I'm assuming, opens the door. "I think you have the wrong house." He states.

"No, no. I'm here for Blake, we have a date tonight." I emphasize the word 'date' while smiling.

"Oooh, a date." He half smiles, and turns his head and calls out. "Blake, your date is here!"

"Shut up, Vincent! I'm coming!" She calls back, and races down the stairs to the door, pushing her brother- Vincent- away. "Hey, Gabriel."

"Hey, sunshine." My heart begins to race by the sight of her.

"Bye, Vincent. Tell dad I said bye." She says, and walks out of the house when she closes the door. "You're staring at me again."

I hadn't realized I was, and smirk. "Well, you're beautiful so it's hard not to stare."

"Thanks." She gives me a half smile.

"No problem, shall we?" I offer my arm.

She giggles slightly, she has such a cute laugh. "We shall." And she wraps her arm around mine.

I walk us down the walkway and the stairs, and across the street to my car waiting in my driveway.

I unlock my car, and we both sit down inside. "You live across the street?" She asks, her eyebrows furrow.

"Yeah." I say with a half smile. I put the keys in the ignition, and shift the stick into reverse. I look back to make sure no cars are coming, and then shift the car to drive.

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"You're going to have to wait and see, doll face." I turn my head towards her, and wink, leaving her with the same bland expression.

I'd do anything for this girl to like me.