T e n

GABRIEL

How did I end up here? I'm falling for a girl who'd most likely not like me back. Hell, I even kissed her to make Steph jealous. I'm not sure it was only for jealousy.

And how she scowled at me proves that she didn't like it. Blake is just so...different than other girls, and I guess that's what I like about her.

Mr. Lancaster obviously didn't see Blake talking to Mia and Lexie because he didn't call them out like he usually does to kids that talk, during his lessons of course.

He asks me to stay a bit after class. Blake walks out of the classroom, Mia and Lexie behind her.

"Matthews, you know you're smart, right?" He asks once everyone is out.

"Yes, Lancaster?" I say, looking at him as he talked. I used his last name because we're cool with each other, don't ask.

"Explain to me how you got a seventy-five percent on your test, then."

"Chemistry isn't my best subject."

"You can't keep it like this, Gabe. You said you wanted to go to Princeton or MIT, correct?"

"Yeah."

"I suggest you focus on my work, instead of yours."

My work? "What's my work?" I ask in confusion.

"Your girls, Matthews! Keep up! You can leave now, that's all." He sighed.

I slouched down in embarrassment before grabbing my textbook, and leaving. "Bye." I mumbled.

The hallways were cleared, with the exception two students making out, hands all over. Haha, that'll be me and Blake one day... I need to stop thinking about that.

I turned to walk over to the cafeteria, and when I got there, Blake was sitting with Tara, Mia, and Lexie. They all had burgers with a bottle of water.

I walked into line, and got a plate of pizza with water. Then walked over to Blake's table, luckily there was a seat available across from her.

"Hey, sunshine, Tara, Mia, and Lexie." I greeted with a smile.

"Hey," Tara, Mia, and Lexie greeted back in unison. Blake didn't. She kept her eyes down on her food as she ate.

Tara, sitting next to Blake, nudged her with her elbow. "Talk."

Sighing, Blake looked up and our eyes locked. Her green ones glaring into my blue ones. "Hi."

"Hello, sunshine." I smiled at her.

All our heads turned to Lexie when she gasped. "I thought you said sunshines, like you were talking to all of us. You're dating Gabriel?!" Lexie exclaimed.

"No," Blake replied through half-gritted teeth.

I took bites out of the pizza, as Blake; Tara; Lexie; and Mia were whispering to each other. It was inaudible to me but if they were whispering, then they didn't want me to hear it.

Blake took a glance my way, and turned to look at me completely. I stopped eating, and looked at her too. She got up from her seat a little, and stretched her hand across to my cheek. I expected her to slap me but she just glided her finger gently on it. "You had sauce on your cheek." She said through a frown-like face. "Can we talk in the hall?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I said.

We both stood up, and in the background was the girls gasping. I heard a faint whisper at the table near the exit, saying something similar to "a fight, maybe?"

Once we were out of sight in the hallway, Blake spoke first. "I'm sorry. For scowling, and ignoring you."

"I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have forgotten something like that." I reply.

"I never told you that, so how'd you know?"

"Steph," I mumbled. "Sorry."

She sighed after a while. "It's fine."

I looked down at her small figure, and pulled her into a hug. She hugged me back, and I guess we stayed like that for a while because everyone came pouring into the hallway.

We didn't separate from each other, though. Her arms wrapped around my waist, and my hands were on her shoulder and hair.

I really like you..