"Perfect sibling moment"

Start from the beginning

"Cedric never let anyone change a thing about it when he was here."

I bit my lip as my eyes fell on a huge portrait. It was a family of four. The men was wearing a royal attire while the lady looked breath taking in a red gown. Two toddlers were sitting on floor looking at camera with wide blue eyes, same as the man's.

"Yes, Cygnet." He sighed and I turned my gaze towards him. "T-They were your parents, Uncle Joseph and Aunt Orion. This was taken on Margo's 9th birthday."

I gulped and nodded.

He sighed and kneeled in front of me.

"You were my best friend, Cygnet." I was stunned at the information and he put his head on my lap as he sat on floor. "I was youngest, too young for everyone but you. Cedric always had friends but you were the kind of girl whose only friends were her family. He was your bestfriend but you were mine. You never turned me down because I was young or anything. You were always there for me, Cygnet and after you...after you went away, I closed off. I became silent. Everyone was shattered and I was too. But I was destroyed because this time, I didn't had my bestfriend to go to anymore."

I bit my lip and cupped my face to hold back a sob as I caressed his hair. He sniffed and we stayed like that for a few minutes before he jumped up and clapped.

"No more depressing thoughts! My cousin is home after so long and I am not letting this go! Take rest, Cygnet because tonight, we've a ball planned for you and Alex."

I gave him a small smile and he returned it before he hopped out of room. I laughed loudly when Beatrice and Zach collided on doorway. Clothes that Beatrice was carrying fell down as they groaned and cursed while I laughed.

"Laugh all you want, Cygnet. It's your day, after all." Tris mocked and I sobered up as I wiped my tears. Maids helped her up while Zach rubbed his head.

"What are you made of Tris?!" Tris rolled her eyes and hopped towards me with maids on her tail.

"These are some clothes for you, swan. There are a few ball gowns too that I think you will like for tonight." I smiled as maids started arranging my closet. She pointed towards one of the maids with a grin. "This is Ivy, she will be your personal help."

I opened my mouth to protest but she shushed me.

"We all have one and you will need her for dressing up." I sighed and nodded. She clapped her hand.

"Great. Now rest for a while, alright?"

I nodded again and gave her a small smile. She squeezed my hand and went out, shutting the room behind her.

"Damn."

I sighed exaggeratedly and fell backwards on bed as I waited sleep to drown me.

~~~~~~~

"The gown looks beautiful on you, princess." I faked a smile at Ivy from mirror as she completed my makeup.

It feels like everyone around me is endearing me as a princess but the one person who treated me like a princess, is not here.

"Thanks, Ivy."

"What do you want me to do with your hair?" I bit my lip and shook my head.

"Leave them like that, Ivy. But can you tell me where my friends are staying?"

She smiled and nodded.

"I will show you, princess."

I clutched my gown along with a supply pouch and my clutch as I followed her out while wobbling on my heels. We passed a hallway lush with a rich blue carpet and golden decorations. There were a lot of portraits on either sides along with flowers and paintings.