Chapter18:Fall in love at a glance, and that's alright

Start from the beginning

"Hi," Ellen's voice was breathy as her eyes sparkled in his. Patrick was instantly mesmerized by her presence. Her face then twisted with worry. "Is this your car?" her unique voice let a different set of butterflies free in his stomach.

"Yeah," he nodded slowly; his car was suddenly his last concern.

"I'm so sorry, I swung my door open a little too fast and," her voice was slightly frantic. She looked to her ringing cell phone. "Shit, I'm late. I'm really late." Patrick was still hypnotized by her aura. "I just have to go check in with them and I promise I will come right back and give you my information."

"Really, it's not a big deal." As the words came out of his mouth he was surprised he was saying them. It was his car. He loved his car. There was just something about her eyes that was keeping him from getting mad.

"It is a big deal," she said firmly as she started to walk away. "Seriously stay here I'll be right back."

Patrick laughed. He watched her freeze mid step. Ellen just looked at him as if their entire future flashed in front of her. "I have an audition..." Patrick said smoothly.

"Right..." Ellen said trying to brainstorm another way to get him her information. "I'll just find you. "It's not that big of a place." Patrick laughed again. Ellen broke out into a perfect smile. "You're going to have to stop that." She said firmly.

"Stop what?" his brow furrowed with confusion.

"That laugh," she smiled, "a girl could fall for a laugh like that." Ellen let her Boston accent slip out for a moment, "as if the hair weren't enough." She turned away from him and started to head for the door. Ellen stopped again mid step and turned back to look at him, just as he'd opened his car door to grab his script. He glanced back up at the door. Her eyes glittered back at him. The world seemed to go silent for a moment. Patrick could hear his own heart beating loudly in his chest. Everything seemed to shift inside of him. He felt like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. The light at the end of the tunnel glittered in his eyes. He couldn't help but let a smile break the corner of his lips. She returned it easily and then she was gone.

Patrick suddenly felt like he had been deprived of his favorite drug. The weight of the world crashed back down on him. The hope that had sparkled in the distance vanished. He was suddenly gasping for air. The car door had barely slammed closed as he took off across the parking lot. He started to walk past the waiting room for Complications when he heard them call his name. He walked back into the room to answer the casting person when he heard her voice. He looked to the doorway, "Honestly two minutes!" she said politely to the casting director. "I hit this guy's car in the parking lot. I really need to pass him my information and I'll come right back." Ellen turned and nearly walked into him. "I'm sorry," she said before looking up at him. "You," she said dazzled by his eyes.

"Hi," he spoke softly in his buttery voice.

"You said hi?" Emilee broke the story.

Patrick laughed the laugh she had loved so much, "It was all I could think of! Smarty pants." he nudged her shoulder playfully. "Now... where was I?"

"She was dazzled by your eyes," Emilee laughed.

"Ahh, right," Patrick said softly.

"I was just coming to look for you... but I guess you found me first." Ellen said trying to keep her cool.

"Actually they called my name...I'm supposed to go in and read."

"What?" Ellen laughed, "You're here to audition for Derek Shepherd.."