Silent Night...

"Have you told the archeologists before me?"

"You're the first."

"How am I different from the others?"

"I don't know... But you are."

We only stare at each other in silence.

"Alright..." Rick runs a hand through his hair. "My mom was the first to go... We went to the groceries. I crossed the street without looking and the next thing I know. Mom pushes me out of the way and I hear tires screech then a loud thump... When I turned around my mom was lying on the ground, the bastard didn't even bother to step out of their car... He or she just drove away."

I reach for Rick's hand and give him a reassuring squeeze.

"Dad stayed with me until I was twenty... He went on a mission for ARGUS. Three days later Waller knocks on my dorm room, old me my dad died on a mission. Sacrificed himself so his team could go home... Gave me a letter, told me to keep going be the man he couldn't be... He rammed his plane into the hostile base..."

Rick has tears slowly leaving his eyes.

"Come here Flag." I move closer to him and wrap him in a hug.

"After all these damned years I sill can't get over them!"

I pull away. "Look at me... I know it can be hard in the beginning... But you'll get over this. From what I've been told Rick Flag can walk through anything..."

Rick exhales slowly as he nods.

Never noticed our faces were this close until now... He leans in and-

RING! RING!

We jump away from each other and Rick reaches for the phone.

RICK POV

"Hello?" I answer the phone.

"Hey Rick!"

Damn you Floyd!

"What's up?"

"Don't know if you remember but we're having the annual Floyd's New Year Get Together tomorrow."

"We've been having these for ages Floyd don't need to remind me."

"I know but Could you tell June about it... She might actually be the first doctor that actually accepts the invitation."

I look over at June.

"Yeah I'll tell her."

"Thanks man, see yah!"

Floyd hangs up.

"What did he have to tell you?" June asks.

"He's asking me to reach out an invite to his annual new year get together tomorrow."

"I'm done for it!" She smiles.

"Alright! Lets surprise him make him think you ain't coming."

"Alright..."

I look over at the clock, 10:34 PM. We've been here for thirty minutes...

"Guess it's too late for me to go home." June stares at the clock.

"Get the bed, I'll take the couch."

"What?! But this is your flat."

"And I'm letting you take the bed, my flat my rules."

"I'm sure you have another space for one more person on your bed, I'm not letting you sleep on the couch!"

"Alright I'll stay on the bed." I give in.

We both walk to my room in the flat, taking jacket off and tossing it to the side, then bending over to untie my shoes and take those off.

I turn to my bed and June sits on the edge staring out of the window, walking towards my bed, I lie down behind her and stare at the ceiling.

"You have a really lovely view."

"Yeah..."

Few minutes later...

I look over at June again... Finally she's asleep. Slowly getting up not to wake her, I take the covers and tuck her in.

Walking out of my room and stopping in front of the couch, I take the underside and pull it open. Yes... It's a couch bed.

Going back into my room, I close the curtains. Before walking out, I stop in front of June. I bend down and kiss the side of her head.

"Thank you..."

I walk out of the room, leaving the door open.

JUNE POV

I open my eyes, turn towards the door and stare out into the living room. Watching Rick as he lies down on his couch bed.

"Anytime, Flag..."