Chapter 24

Enjoy~ *Crying*

___________________________

~(Y/n)'s P.O.V~

Everything's been great. No problems well for the exception of a few akumas causing trouble but always solved by my two favorite heroes.

"Hey (Y/n)! Your friends are here!" Mom calls out. I slip on my jeans quickly and my shoes.

"Coming!" I call back and grab my phone and earphones. I fix my shirt and run downstairs to see Marinette, Ayla, Nino, and Adrien sitting on the couch with mom and dad.

"Hey guys" I say. They all wave and stand up. "Well I'll be going now."

Mom and dad wave and we head off. Where is Nathanael?

"Hey guys...did you pick up Nathanael?" I ask. We stop halfway and they all look back like 'oh shit we forgot.'

"Guys! Again?" I huff and start dialing Nathanael.

"Well he isn't exactly social when he's with us" Ayla says, "Only with you because you guys are best friends."

I sigh and hear the rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey Nat!"

"Hey uh are you guys already hanging out?" Nathanael asks, his tone visibly unhappy.

"No actually I'm on my way to pick you up!" I say happily.

"Really?" He asks. Now there's a positive tone.

"Yeah I'll call you when I'm there bye!" I say and hang up quickly. They all look at me.

"Okay let's go" Nino says but I quickly stop them.

"You heard me, I'm going okay? Go to the park and we'll meet you there" I say. They head off but Adrien hesitates. I give him a thumbs up and shoo him off.

I start walking to Nathanael's house. This isn't the first time they've forgotten him and it makes me feel bad. I try to make him feel more comfortable around us but it never seems to work, they're just too different but there's no harm in trying and I don't plan on giving up. I cross the street and within a few more minutes, I call the artist.

"Hey Nat I'm here" I say.

"Okay I'll be right down."

After a few minutes, he opens the door and I give him a smile.

"Hey champ!" I chirp.

"Champ?"

"Yeah thought it would make you feel better" I say and he rolls his eyes playfully. We begin to walk to the park and surprisingly he has no sketchbook.

"You don't have your sketchbook?" I ask

"No, thought it was time for a break" He shrugs. I look at him in surprise.

"Are you sure you're okay? Are you even Nathanael?!" I ask and feel his forehead. He smacks my hand away and laughs.

"Yes and yes" He says and we chuckle. We spot the park in the distance and see our friends sitting and talking. I look at Nathanael who hesitates and I notice his hands ball into fists.

"Hey, hey listen" I start and I turn his face to look at mine, "It's going to be okay, just talk to them about anything, they like you and want you here okay?"

I try to reassure him but that look is still in his eyes. The familiar look that says that they don't belong here and they are not wanted.

"I promise Nathanael, they are awesome friends and they care about you" I say giving me a smile. He glances at them and back at me before nodding.