Chapter 1: Human Sitting

Papers floated around a skeleton in brown clothing. He watched them with contentment plastered across his face. Silently, behind him a paper floated to the ground. One side was covered with blackness, its form glitching in and out. On the back, notes had been taken.

Surfacetale: A universe where the war with humans never happened. Monsters live peacefully on the surface. Only universe with Y/n present....

Terminating... 1% Complete...

~~~~~~~~

"Now Sans, Papyrus... Are you sure you can handle all four of them?"

"Don't worry about it Tori. Everything will be fine as long as I'm in charaged!" Sans snickered under his breath, glancing at his annoyed brother. Toriel stifled a giggle.

"Did you really use Chara's name in a pun Sans. I swear..." Papyrus sighed. "Do not worry Lady Toriel, my brother and I will watch the humans and Asriel!" Papyrus assured Toriel, pushing her out the door of the large house. "Now go to your teacher's meeting, do not worry about the children!"

Papyrus and Sans waved to Toriel as she left for a very important teacher's meeting. The skeleton brothers closed the door to the three story house. Home to the Dreemurs and the three humans they had adopted, Frisk, Chara, and Y/n. The house was large and well organized, upon walking into the house was a stair case that led up to their bedrooms. Either side of the stair case was the living room and kitchen. Chara stood on the stairs as they watched Toriel leave.

"Is Mom going to the meeting already?" They asked as the door clicked shut. They watched the two skeletons with mild disinterest as Papyrus answered.

"Yes Chara! She will be back around seven o'clock. In the meantime I, the great Papyrus, and Sans will be taking care of all of you! Now, do you or any of your siblings have any homework?" Papyrus asked, adjusting his crimson scarf. Chara just gave him a look.

"Dude, Papyrus... It's school, we always have homework..." Chara retreated slightly up stairs to call down the hall of rooms. "Azzy, Frisk, Y/n! Time for homework!" They called as doors creaked open. Chara grabbed their backpack from beside the front door.

"Ah, I see. I, the great Papyrus, will gladly assist in anyone's homework!" Papyrus offered, Chara glanced at him as they headed for the dining table to do their homework.

"Aww, don't know Paps. It works even them down to the bone to solve it!" Sans chuckled as Papyrus facepalmed himself. Giggling was heard at the top of the stairs. Y/n and Frisk stood at the top.

"Yeah Papyrus.. Homework is really skull shattering!" Frisk laughed, doubling over.

"Oh my god Frisk! Not you too!" Papyrus stormed off into the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~

Y/n and her siblings sat doing their homework, Papyrus was snooping around the kitchen looking for spaghetti ingredients, Sans was sitting at the end of the table asleep. Y/n finished her homework first, she stretched, happy to be finished. She looked over at Papyrus, who was still snooping.

"Papyrus, I think Mom might have left us something in the fridge to eat..." Y/n said.

"Ok Y/n!" Papyrus answered peering into a cabinet. She chuckled, standing from her seat at the table and went over to the fridge. There was a note, from Toriel she figured. Y/n pulled it out and read it, gasping quietly at what was scrolled on the tiny slip of paper.

LoOk OuT, YoUr GoNna

GeT TeRmInAtEd! ~ ERROR

It read in messy hand writing, the words jumping every so often. Y/n whirled around, yelling for Papyrus... But nobody came.

"Eh... What's up Y/n?" Sans asked drowsily, peeking an eye socket open. Frisk, Chara, and Asriel were gone too. "Whoa, what's going on?!" He asked fully awake, Y/n held up the piece of paper shakily. Sans snatched it from her and examined it. She glanced out the kitchen window, doing a double take.

Half way down the block was a wall. A wall of black, covered with ones and zeros, like binary code. The edges were glitching in and out, a street lamp flickered rapidly in front of the black void.

"S-Sans!!!" Y/n stuttered pointing out the window at the rapidly advancing wall of code. Sans hastily grabbed her wrist and tugged her out of her paralyzing fear. "Sans! What's happening!?" She cried, terror rising in her stomach.

"There's no time to explain! We have to get out of here! The universe is being terminated!" Sans replied quickly, he pulled Y/n towards a small door under the stair way.

"Wait what?!" She asked shocked. Sans stopped in front of the door, he placed his bony hands on her shoulders.

"Y/n... If I get terminated... find Ink, he'll protect you." He said, fear flooding his voice as he looked her in the eye. "Here, to remember. Now come on." He quickly took off his signature blue jacket and wrapped it around Y/n's shoulders. He turned the door knob quickly and threw it open.

"Come on! Hurry, the Termination is almost complete!" What greeted Sans and Y/n on the other side of the door was something neither of them expected. It was Frisk, but in grayscale, their eyes were completely black.

Word count: 869