Chapter 9: HELP US!!!

Jacks PoV
Mark Felix and I moved heavy boxes in to the house. "Wow the kids are being quiet, they must have found something really interesting to do." Mark said as he handed me a stack of boxes. "Should we go check on them?" Felix asked. "Nah, let them have there fun." I said as I found a place to set down the boxes.

As I walked back outside to get more boxes I heard a whine come from the dog carrier that was sitting by the door. I bent down and opened it. Firefly came bounding out. He was hoping around like crazy. "Aww, I'm sorry that we had to put you in there." I said in as baby ish voice as I stroked his head. I picked him up and brought him in to the house.

"Sammy!" I called up the stairs. There was no answer. I walked up and called once again. "Kids you up here." I said as I went from room to room. There was no sine of them. I walked back down stairs to felix and Mark. "Hey have you two seen the kids?" I asked as I gave them a worried look. "No, I thought they were upstairs." Mark said as he began to walk upstairs. "Me too." Felix said as he followed Mark. Suddenly we heard banging and yelling. We all raced up the stairs, firefly joined us.

"Help us!" It sounded like Tim was yelling. The banging sound sounded like it was coming from the celling. "I think it's coming from this room." I said as I pointed down the hall. We all ran in but there was no one there. I looked up and sore the hatch. "Are you lot in the attic?" I yelled so they could hear me. "Yes get us out!" Tia yelled. I looked around. "How did we open the hatch?" Felix asked as he also looked around. "There should be a stick with a hook on the end, us that to hook the hatch open, then put the ladder back!" Sammy yelled.

I picked up the stick and tried to hook the hatch, but it was difficult. "Oh come on Jack." Mark whined. "It's not as easy as it looks." I said as I tried even harder. I eventually got it. I pulled the hatch open and Mark put the ladder up so they could climb down.

"So, how did you manage to get stuck up there?" I asked as they all climb down. "Well we went exploring in the attic, and the ladder broke and fell down so then there was nothing holding the hatch open, so the hatch closed shut." Sammy said. "Well next time tell us that you've gone in to the attic, so we know where you are." I said as I put my hands on sammys shoulders. "Yeah you gave us all a fright when we couldn't find you." Mark said as he put his arm around Tim. "You mother would kill me if I lost you two." Felix said as he picked up Charley and Tia. "Well let's finish bringing in those boxes." I said as I began to walk away. We all walked down stairs and brought the rest of the boxes in to the house.

A/N: hi sorry it's not that long but I think it's an alright chapter. Thanks for reading. :)