Chapter 1: The White Moon

•Rukia Kuchiki•

The sapphire night sky in the Soul Society seemed more alluring to Rukia than ever before. The full moon gleamed and radiated through the whole community and all was still. Peace. It was finally peaceful in the Soul Society. Because of the constant battles with the arrancars and espada, chaos and destruction came over-not only to her home-but also Karakura Town. Finally, thanks to Ichigo, it was peaceful again. Rukia sat in front of the 13th Squad barracks gazing at the sky, her dark short hair flowing gently behind her. The wind kissed her pale cheeks and the heavens were filled with countless stars. She was relaxing in the garden of her squad, the dew of the grass glistening on the ground and her eyes imitating the droplets on the verdure.

The moon is so beautiful tonight. Rukia thought. So calm and lovely.

The small shinigami then hugged her legs to her chest and smiled softly. Tomorrow, Ichigo would visit the Soul Society to celebrate-with a giant festival-the victory that the shinigami achieved in defeating the traitor, Aizen Sosuke. Ichigo had been treated by Urahara Kisuke and Yoruichi Shihoin in the real world. This was because after the battle with the former 5th Squad captain Ichigo was severely injured and had many broken bones, but he insisted that he was fine. However Rukia knew he only told the 13 Court Guard Squads this so that they would not be concerned about his wounds and his health. Still Yoruichi forced Ichigo to return to the real world to be treated personally by her and Urahara. Rukia chuckled faintly.

Baka... No matter where you are, I will always worry about you.

And she did. Everyday, she asked Urahara and Yoruichi to report his health and injury status to her daily. Rukia began to ponder about how he was doing, if he was eating well, when he would be healed, and if he was thinking about her. And finally, she was informed yesterday by Yoruichi that Ichigo was fully healed and ready to come to the Soul Society.

Oh! And by the way, Kuchiki. Yoruichi had remarked. Every night, in his sleep, all he would talk about was you.

Rukia's face began to turn pink and hot as she continued to think of that orange-haired strawberry. Rukia, realizing this, hit herself on the head.

Pull yourself together, Rukia Kuchiki! You are a lieutenant of the 13th Court Guard Squad and a noble of the Kuchiki Clan! You have no time to feel affection for boys!

But still, Rukia continued to think about Ichigo. She felt so happy when she was with him, talked to him, or even day dreamed about him. Just by imagining his warm hazel eyes and spiky hair made Rukia's heart skip a beat. Right now, she felt so bright and luminous. She felt so high and mighty. She was on cloud 9. She was floating. She felt as if she could touch that amazing, indigo sky and stay there forever.

"You know moon," she said looking up at the gleaming orb of the night, "Tonight, you and I feel the same."

-------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hey guys! Thank you for reading the first and really short chapter of "Will I See You Again" o(^^o) (o^^)o

I will be writing more later so stay tuned ^3^