Don't You Want Me? Part 1

Start from the beginning

"My apartment. Tonight. Bring the girlfriends."

"Sure thing," Mitch replied, "But some of us won't be there. You know… Mat, Tyler, Ryan…"

"I understand… they don't want a purpose with us anymore. I used to be best friends with Ryan but he agreed with getting rid of you and Jerome. I just don't get why they hate you so much."

"The world may never know," Preston joked, pretending to lick a lollipop. I laughed, placing my hands on my hips.

Jordan continued, "Eight o'clock. Okay?"

"Sure thing," Caleb responded, "I'll be there."

Mitch glanced down at me, kissed my cheek, grabbed me by the hand, and led me inside the house. I shrugged towards Preston who rolled his eyes.

A few hours later

Mitch POV

Jordan had begun to set up the party, along with Ray's and my help. A few plastic tables and chairs were spread out among the lofty apartment unit. The sofas were soft and easy to watch the television from. I knew the guys would be all over that large HD screen.

Ray tapped me on the shoulder, shaking me out of my daydream.

"It's eight. The others should be here soon," she told me, leading me to sit on one of the three sofas, "Here's a cup of water." Ray handed a red plastic cup.

"Isn't this used for other things?" I questioned.

"Oh… I don't know… I suppose so," she chuckled and left me sitting on the sofa. I saw her walk over to Carter and Jerome, who were standing by the door, waiting for the guests to arrive.

At this moment, I reviewed my time with her. Now Caleb was no longer a problem… but I didn't like him around Ray for some other things he had done to Ray. But on the other hand, Mat, Tyler, and Ryan were still out for Jerome and I. As I thought about it, Mat wasn't an issue for me. The biggest and most important idea on my mind was to keep Ray safe from anything that could hurt her. And if she got hurt, I would get hurt too.

I noticed Ty and Crystal come in through the front door. They held containers of beverages, most likely beer, which didn't surprise me. 

"Who's ready to party?" Ty asked, pounding his left fist into the air. Crystal giggled and joined Ray and Carter.

"Ty!" I called my friend over. Standing up, I gave him a bro-hug, "How've you been?"

"Better now that Adam is 'kay."

"Yeah."

"I brought this," Ty held up the container.

"Put it in the fridge. I don't think Jordan'll mind."

"Mind about what?" We spun around to find Jordan with his arms crossed.

"Oh, just some alcohol."

"Ty," Jordan sarcastically groaned, shaking his head, "What are we gonna do about you?"

Ty and I laughed so hard that we both fell onto the sofa at the same time.

Meanwhile, Jerome had joined us, "What up biggums?"

"Just getting ready for the party," Ty replied.

"Quentin!" I heard Jordan shout, "You're here!"

I peeked around Ty's head to find Quentin and Sapphire at the door. While Sapphire met up with Ray, Carter, and Crystal, Quentin sat down on the couch across from ours.

We chatted and laughed as the other Team Crafted members joined us on the sofas. Eventually, there was Jerome, Jimmy, Jason, Quentin, Ty, Ian, Adam, Dakota, and I: the original members of Team Crafted. Jordan got pulled in by the girls to set up a karaoke machine. Ray caught my eye and I winked, making her smile and roll her eyes.

A small knock was heard on the front door. Since no one else seemed to hear it, I stood up and opened the door. Poppy and Lexi stood in front of me.

"Is Jordan here?" Lexi asked.

"Yeah," I replied and pointed with my thumb to where Jordan was surrounded by the girlfriends.

"Thanks." Lexi bounded off, leaving me face to face with Poppy.

"I'm sorry about Mat," she told me, "I know what he did to Ray, and it wasn't good. At least Caleb arrived to bust her out. Who knew what the boys could do?"

"Tell me about it… You should probably get over there with your friends." I smiled and closed the door behind her.

"You're not gonna forget about me, right?" A familiar voice squeaked. This was one voice I didn't need to hear anymore.

"Hello Ashley," I sarcastically smiled and turned to face her. The classy blonde wore a very short sparkly grey strapless dress with grey stilettos. She leaned up against the edge of the door, "You should go home and change your outfit. It's a bit too revealing."

"You don't like me, do you?" To my surprise, she saw right through me.

"Uh… why would you say that?"

"That night we went to dinner… I drove with you… your girlfriend got jealous…"

"She's not my girlfriend anymore…"

"Oh… is she here?"

I stopped Ashley in the middle of her thought, "We're engaged."

She sighed, "Well, those tables have turned, I see." Kae's older sister smirked and entered the room.

"So," Jordan announced. Everyone turned to listen to him, "The karaoke machine is up. The drinks are in the fridge. The TV is unlimited. Only one rule: YOLO!"

We all cheered and banged on the tables. I grouped back up the guys and watched football for a half an hour before co-hosting a game of drunk MC TNT Run with Jerome as my co-host, and competitors as Jason, Ty, and Adam. The game tested who could stay the longest and whenever they dropped a level, had to take a shot. Jason won, drinking the least, and staying on top the longest. Ty came in second, with Adam last.

After the game, I realized Adam was a bit too drunk. I patted him on the back.

"Nice job on the game!" I shouted in his ear.

"Cheers!" Adam screamed, and held up his cup. The others followed his example.