The Bane of My Sister's Existence

Hello my favorite people!

I've finally updated! Yay! School has made sitting down and writing really difficult because of my zero free time.

Even so, I got this chapter down and it's a longer one. I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far. I would love to hear some feedback or comments about what you think.

Also did you notice my beautiful cover?! I have to give a big thank you to ImperfectGal7102. She did a phenomenal job. Go check her out and all the amazing covers she has done.

Finally, as I say every time:

Read, vote, comment, message, fan!

And if you haven't, go check out my completed book, "Can't Stand You."

Much love,
Elle

P. S. The video above is how I imagine Sam singing the song. I am obsessed!!
------------------------------------------------------

The first week of school flew by like it does every year and suddenly, the weekend was upon us, which meant another pageant.

This particular one was yet another qualifier for a larger pageant. After school on Friday, my mom, Georgie, Caroline, and I all jumped into the car to make the drive to Georgia. The pageant was located in Loganville: a small city on the outskirts of east Atlanta. It was around 7pm when we finally made it to the hotel and all of us were done with sitting in the car for three hours.

Mom is uptight about everything, but she is even more particular than usual when it comes to hotels. She has to make a full inspection of the room before we can even set down our bags. More than five times out of ten, we end up changing rooms because the original one does not live up to her requirements.

Georgie, Caroline, and I stood outside the room as our mother was doing a full search of the accomdations for the weekend. Our bags were piled up beside us and the three of us leaned heavily against the wall across from the hotel door. Georgie clutched her turtle stuffed animal to her chest, burying her face into its shell. Since the first time Georgie has seen Finding Nemo, she's been obsessed. Every time we saw anything related to the movie, she had to have it. The sea turtle stuffed animal was one of the first additions to the collection of sea animal themed toys she has. Now, the thing makes an appearance on all pageant trips or else a full meltdown will be in our foreseeable future.

"Girls, bring your stuff in," Mother called from inside the suite.

Caroline huffed loudly at the proclamation.

"You owe me a coffee," I said in a singsong voice to Caroline.

My older sister and I always made bets about whether we were going to have to move rooms or not. Today, I had picked no moves and Caroline  opted for a switch. The normal bet was who would buy coffee before school on days that we had time to stop.

I slung my duffel bag over my shoulder, then grabbed Georgie's small, Nemo themed suitcase. The suite was huge like it always is when Mom books us a hotel room. There was a large living space in the middle with a couch, two chairs, and a TV. A kitchenette was in the corner, supplying a fridge, a sink, and a stove. The left wall opened up into another room. Two queen size beds were situated in the middle. On the right wall was two large double doors leading to the master bedroom.

"I call the couch," I sarcastically said, tossing my bag on the sofa.

Caroline and Georgie were of course given beds every time we traveled and my mother was a must to have the largest mattress. I had the choice of sleeping with one of my sisters or taking the couch, but both Caroline and Georgie were hardcore cuddlers in their sleep, so I usually went for the couch.