Cammirin

"Come on Cam!" Lena yells.

"No. You are leaving this house until I figure out why they want you dead. I can't risk losing you Lena," my voice softens. I watch her eyes squint as she glares at me. I want to laugh but I know if I do, I'll be smacked.

"Cam I just need to get fresh air. Is that so bad? Santo will be with me. I'm just going and sitting by the pool." She tries reasoning again. I sigh and shake my head in defeat. I'm such a sucker when it comes to her. I'm sure if she asked I'd give up our pack just to be with her normally. "Please, d-"

"Don't you dare," I smirk is on my face because I know what she's going to call me. She knows what it does to me when she calls me 'daddy'. She smiles innocently at me and sways her body. I step towards her and sink to my knees. I lift her shirt up and kiss her visible pregnant belly. "You are so gorgeous, my queen."

"Sir," Santo says. "The council has arrived." I get up and kiss my soon to be wife on the lips. I take her hand to follow Santo downstairs. I hear the leaders talking in the living room when we reach the bottom step.

"Gentlemen. Welcome!" I say. "This way please." Lena and I lead them to the back room where I had a meeting room added on. We sit around the table fit for twenty.

"We are here to discuss the safety of the Luna and the Alpha. Someone is targeting them, we must find out who," the leader says to us. Whispers break or amongst them and Lena clenched my hand harder. "Quiet. Cammirin have you had any leads besides the boy with Thatons scent?"

"No. We have not had anyone come onto our land or gotten any news of anyone wanting to hurt us. It's been quiet," Lena tells them. The leader nods and pulls out an envelope.

"What's this?" I ask grabbing it from the table.

"Mailed to us four days ago. It's a letter addressed to the Luna." I go to open it and the leader snatches it from my hands. "Don't!"

"Why me?" Lena asks. The leaders look to us then the leader of the leaders.

"Miss Lena, we can only assume that it is from your old Beta and her brother before he was sentenced to death. Now she is wanting to avenge him. Eye for an eye, to delicately put it." My brows furrow at this news.

"That's outrageous! They attacked me, way before I was even the Luna. How can they just-" I squeeze her hand and she quiets down.

"Sir, Lena has done no wrong. Why would they do this?"

"Power," Santo says behind me. We all turn to him and his eyes widen.

"That's right," the leader says.

"Power? She had power. As much as I had."

"Our guess is her and her brother wanted it all. Because a female can't be Alpha only Beta that would mean her brother would be Alpha and her Beta. Of course not all connections as to why they want to rule this pack have been made."

"Exactly. Why this pack? Them two could've easily have gone and created their own pack of wolves. Why this one? What's so special?" Lena dares to ask.

"Because our wizard is the best, the strongest, and most powerful. He found our 'cure'. That's why they would want to hostile takeover this one," I realize with wide eyes. The men around the room gasps and look and at each other. "I should have known. That's why they stole our Ritual Book."

"We don't know if they have anymore of changlings. So we have brought security for you guys. They're already with your new Beta discussing what needs done." I nod and frown. "Alpha would you send a report to us each week? On Friday?"