Lena Schneider (human)

Thrae and I are in a bedroom staring at each other.

"Is this our room?" I ask him. He nods and walks over to me.

"What are all the questions you have?" Thrae asks me. I bite the inside of my cheek and think about what I want to know. How we mate? What are all of my responsibilities? Do we get married? How often do we change into wolves?

"How will we mate?" Thrae looks away for a second then takes my hand in his larger ones.

"What mates generally do when they do it for the first time with their companion is it is a wolf and human, like us, is I, the wolf have to mate with you in the in between. I have to part wolf part human. Then we exchange blood. So you become a werewolf too." As I take that all in Thrae looks worried. I feel his hands get clammy on mine and I gently smile at him.

"Where do we do this?" Thrae looks at me bewildered. "I say we go do it now. I mean we are soulmates. Why wait when we are destined to be?" He lifts me up in a tight hug.

"I thought you was going to run away screaming bloody murder. And this is supposed to be done on a full moon. We wont have another one for two weeks."

"Okay. I guess we act like a normal couple until then." I smile sweetly at Thrae and he touches the side of my face.

"I would love that. Would you like a tour of my room, our room?" I nod and he spins me around. "This is originally a hotel that went up for sale. Alpha bought it and fixed it up. Every room was remodeled and designed to look different. If you ever need anything we have people who go into town for everyone or we get a truck delivery. That is the closet. Order clothes online and have them delivered to the P.O. box. The address is over there by my computer. Through those doors is the bathroom." I go over to the French style double doors and swing them open. In the bathroom is a walk-in shower, a jucuzti tub, and his/her sinks. I eye the bath tub and grin. ''I am really glad you didn't freak out by me being a werewolf Lena." I face him and give him a shy smile.

''I don't have anywhere else to go. I am, was, homeless. I was just evicted from my house two days ago." Thrae's eyes turn sympathetic and he hugs me around my shoulders. My arms go around his waist and I press my face into his chest. "I haven't known you long but I like you."

"Same here Lena."