Alpha

"It's you," Lena whispers in my ear. I jerk up and all but run from the room. Lena can't be my Luna. She can't. I was told I will never have a Luna. I go to my office and call the council. The phone is answered and I freeze.

"Cammirin what is it?" the leader of us all asks.

"I was told when I became Alpha I would never have a Luna and now I have some girl telling me she is my Luna." He sighs and everything is silent.

"Alpha Cammirin, there was a mistake. It came to our Seeker just the other day. We meant to call you and tell you that your Luna is nearby."

"You meant," I laugh.

"Cammirin we had our Seeker tell her just now. Why are you calling us? What really brought this up?"

"She was attacked by our kind. Just today. If you guys hadn't told her that it was me going to save her, save my Luna, I would have lost her."

"Oh my. Do you know who attacked her?"

"No. No clue who attacked my pack during a fucking mating ceremony."

"We will find out for you Alpha Cammirin. Don't worry."

"Call me. Not anyone else. Goodbye." I hang up my phone and rub my eyes. After takin several deep breathes I finally calm myself. I make my way back to the infirmary to heal Lena. I see the Beta in there watching Thrae and Lena. "Everyone leave." They all turn to me. "Now!" they all leave, including the Medicine man. I go over to Lena's side and remove the herb patch. I pick up a scalpel on the table beside me and cut my hand with it. I place it on her bite mark and close my eyes; feeling the power heal her. I remove my hand then wrap it in gauze. I go over to the sink in the corner and grab a clean wash cloth to wipe her clean of all blood. I don't know what I'm going to do with Lena. She's in love with Thrae. What am I going to do with Thrae? What am I going to do about the attacker? my mind spins as I clean her off. I hear Argon walk into the room slowly.

"She's your Luna isn't she?" he asks. I nod as I look down at her resting face. "How are you're going to tell Thrae that? He looks up to you Alpha. Although you're just a little older than he, he finds comfort in knowing you will always back him up."

"I know that. It'll be hard for him. I can not deny that, but right now we have bigger problems than a mating issue."

"The attacker."

"Yes, Argon. I have not the slightest clue who would attack us. We have no enemies in our kind. So why is someone attacking?"

"You know as much as me, sir. Lets just hope nothing else happens."

"Is that what it's coming down to Argon? Hope?" I ask looking at his wrinkled face for answers to all my questions.

"Hope is all we should ever ask for Alpha."

"Then let us hope." He nods and I sit beside Lena.

"Sir, is everything alright?" Beta asks. She has been odd the last few days so I just nod. I don't need her on top of me getting in my mess. "Sir?"

"Yes Beta?"

"I hope all is well with your Luna." My head snaps up in her direction but she's already out of the room. Something in my gut tells me Beta had something to do with Lena being attacked tonight. Something tells me I'm going to need to protect Lena with my life and I swear to do just that.