chapter 3 - To Kill a Mocking Girl

Start from the beginning

Evan and Pen at each other, slowly starting to kiss. Evan placed a hand on her cheek. Pen wrapped an arm around his neck, dropping the umbrella she was holding in her other hand down so she could wrap that arm around his neck, too. The pouring rain continued to pound down around them as they continued to kiss.  

Evan: (voice over from 1.02 The Jenna Thing) "Would be like breaking news."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the mall, Spencer, Peyton, Hanna and Madison were talking.

"We're meeting Melissa's fiance," Peyton told them.

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Hastings House, Spencer and Peyton stood with Wren and Melissa.

From 1.02 "The Jenna Thing", in Hastings' House's hallway, Peyton was about to enter her room when she looked down the hallway to see Wren and Spencer making out, stopping in shock.

Wren: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Does she have to know everything?"

Melissa pushed past Peyton

Peyton turned after Melissa. "Melissa--" Melissa saw Spencer and Wren kissing, freezing. Peyton looked at her, not knowing how to process. "Melissa..."

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the church, Wilden stood with Madison, Peyton, Pen and Lucy. "This is no longer a missing persons investigation. It's a murder."

From 1.02 "The Jenna Thing", in the Marin House's kitchen, Sean sat at the table, trying to study.

Hanna stood behind Sean, kissing along his neck.   

Sean smiled. "What?"

Hanna gave up, taking her seat again, annoyed and hurt. "Is this waiting thing something you really want, or is it because of your dad?"

"No, it's me," Sean answered. "It's... it's my choice."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Maya's room, Maya and Emily sat on her bed.

"So, I'm corrupting you," Maya told her.

From 1.02 "The Jenna Thing", in Emily's room, Emily and Maya were lying in bed.

Maya was sound asleep.

Emily was wide awake. She couldn't seem to get to sleep, looking at Maya for a moment, turning onto her side, her back to Maya.

Maya: (voice over from 1.02 The Jenna Thing) "Are you okay with that?"

Maya turned onto her side, facing Emily, putting a hand on her waist.

Emily seemed confused and conflicted, slowly placing a hand on Maya's over her waist, trying to go to sleep.

Emily: (voice over from 1.02 The Jenna Thing) "Yeah. I am."

From 1.01 "Pilot", on the street, Maya and Emily were walking down the sidewalk together.

Emily: (voice over from 1.02 The Jenna Thing) "I think there's something wrong with me."

From 1.02 "The Jenna Thing", in Emily's room, Mara, Lucy and Emily were sitting on the window seat.

"Emily, there's nothing wrong with you," Mara told her. "You lost one of your best friends. You guys need to find a way to say goodbye." She looked at Emily. "Not just you and your friends." She looked at Lucy. "But you and your friends, too. Because Pen needs to find a way to say goodbye to her sister, too."

Emily and Lucy took this seriously, nodding.

---- -----