0.8

Why is Jakob calling me at 9pm on a school night?

I question it and just stare at the phone which just wont stop. I reach for the phone and hold it in my hand.

"Hey?" I say into the phone with a confused tone.

"Hey Mia, I saw you training today with Alex. Why were you with him?" He questions and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Because we were friends? I have known him since Year 7. I have known him longer than most of the girls on my team."

"He is bad news Mia, trust me, I would know. You should really stay away from him."

"Well at least he bothers to be my friend." I say and hang up. Oh shit did I really just say that to Jakob Delgado.

Shit ahaha im dead I may as well just go die in a hole. I pace around my room. What have I done?

>>

The next day at school I walk in dragging my bag along behind me. I reach my locker and threw open my locker. I never lock it because I am a lazy shit and hate having to do the lock every time. I take my books out of my locker and start walking towards my next class, I had English.

As I was on my way there I remembered, I have maths after english. With Jakob. Because I was 'daydreaming' to much about what might happen in maths, I missed my classroom and had to turn around

I get to my English classroom and walk straight in to see Imi, she isn't on the soccer team, but we have always been friends from being in the same classes and having mutual friends. So we talked and and caught up a bit more before the teacher arrived and we started on our work. 

By the end of the lesson, I did not want to go to Maths. I was actually thinking about going to sick bay and saying I was gonna throw up. But nope I will just ignore him. I have to go to class. I know I'm such a goody two shoes. Actually it's because I have to go or else I'm off the soccer team.

The bell rang. Can I just stay here forever?

I packed up my books at slowly as possible hoping to take up the whole period. I picked up the books and leaned them on my right arm. Imi and I slowly walked out of the room whilst thanking the teacher. 

We parted ways and I took my time walking to maths. Once opening the door I did not look up once. I avoided my normal seat which was behind Jakob and went and sat in the back corner. Then I saw someone pick up their books and relocate next to me.

"What do you want?" I say looking up, he bites his lip.

"Mia, I'm just trying to warn you that I know what boys are like. Especially Alex." He puts his books down on the table next to mine and makes that table his own. Is he trying to protect me? Why does he care for me so much all of a sudden...

I do a small side smile and look back down towards my maths book and start doing some of the questions we didn't get to finish on last time. Then I see Jakob passing me a note. This isn't one of those cliche note passing cute movie moments is it, pls stop. I open the note and read what it said.

Next time you train, maybe I could help you?

I smile at the note and take out my pen to reply. 

Yeah well I was thinking of going again tonight, If that is alright with you? (: I write adding a small smiley face on the end. I place the note on his table and watch him open the note. He chucks me a thumbs up and mouthed, 'text me the details,' and wrote his number on another piece of paper and chucks it at me. I laugh and pick it up, putting it in my pocket. 

I continue working on all the questions then and at the end of the lesson, Jakob and I say bye to each other and walk off to Recess. 

>>

I find Ellie sitting in front of a tree and I run straight up to her and dive onto the ground next to her. I tell her everything about what just happened and we are both just squealing. She tells me about how after the party, her and Chris have been talking non stop and they are even going to the movies tomorrow night. They are actually so cute

>>

I head home at the end of the day, I live about a 5 min walk away from school and then across the road from a park. I started walking towards my house and once arriving home I texted Jakob. 

Hey, It's Mia. I am going to head to the park at around 4:30. If you are still up to come I'll see you there (:

I press send and start putting on a more comfortable outfit to train in. I place my sneakers on and decide to head down half an hour earlier to just train myself a bit more before Jakob shows up. 

Before I know it, half an hour had passed and I had mostly been trying to aim on target with shots. I walked around for a bit and took a break. I had a drink and went on my phone for a while. 

It was now 4:45, and Jakob still wasn't here. I was starting to think he might not even show up. I should have expected this. I got back up off the ground and grabbed the ball, I started juggling the ball. tRY bEat my high score, yes, try beat 23 future Mia pft. 

I like to think I'm funny. I looked around again to see if Jakob actually was coming. I saw someone walking closer in the distance. They are now clear to see and I smile when I see Jakob walking over with a jumper and beanie on. God he looks cute.

•••

I wrote this all at school today whoops.

anyways happy reading and have a good weekend xxxx

instagram: ethankarpathway