0.7

This chapter is all about training and it talks about why she wants to do all this also Alex (Mather) stars in it ooo 

Also everyone in this story is in Year 10. So just imagine people being older or younger to fit the age of 15/16.

•••

Once arriving home, I walked to the park across the road. I have always only been a defender in soccer. But even though it is one of the most important positions in the game, not many people ever get noticed when playing right-back. Trust me I would know.

I took the ball out of my bag and started juggling it. 17.. I suppose that's alright. I practise on running with the ball and taking shots. If I want to become known. I need to make my way up to becoming one of the best strikers on the team. 

To be a striker, I need to work more on becoming faster than Ellie and Gen. Also on aim and strength for shooting goals. 

To start with I practice on goals. I need to learn how to do strong kicks that can glide into the net so quickly the goalie will not even see it coming. 

I practise on that for about half an hour. I feel like I haven't improved at all. But I suppose it will take a while before I start to see any kinds of improvement as it doesn't happen straight away. So I continue to take shots and make myself an aiming point to see just how well I can guide the ball into that direct target. 

When playing a game in striker. You need to find the goalies weak points, all goalies have some. Most goalies may not be tall enough to reach high places and that is when you would aim for a lot of high corner goals and over the head shots. Where as others will not want to get on the ground and dive for floor balls, so that is when you would go for more of the bottom corner. 

As you can probably tell it is always better to go for the corners as I takes longer for the goalie to know which one you are shooting at and to go all the way over to one.

I then decide to go for a 1k jog around the park to work more on my running skills. I am not one of the fastest runner and every time I run, I will run the exact same lap and time my improvements on my phone, then record the time I got into my notes. 

I call a friend of mine who I have known since the first day of Year 7 and I know that they live around here and is always up for a good run and chat. Probably less chatting will happen though as I have to work hard to become better. 

Ringing Alex

>>

Five minutes pass and I see Alex making his way down the hill and over to where I was standing on the footpath. I smile and give him a hug as we chat for a bit before getting ready to start. He is a gym freak so I decided not to try and challenge him with the 'lets see who wins' game. 

I get my arm out and get ready to run. Alex starts counting down.

3.. 2.. 1..

GO!

I press the stopwatch and start running the fastest I can. I can already see Alex so far ahead of me. I keep pushing myself, I know I need to try and improve the best I can. If I really want Jakob to notice me, this is the only way it may happen. 

Jakob isn't known for having many girlfriends. But the ones he as had have all been amazing strikers and I know I need to work so much harder than this to be able to get on their standards. I squint my eyes and start running in long strides. 

After the full 1k lap, I look at the stopwatch.

7.32mins

Not to bad I suppose considering it was a first go. I look at Alex who is standing there and looking as though he is ready to run another 5k. I have my hands on my knees and I am panting like I just ran to a maccas around the block, got food, ate it and came back in under a minute.

He just laughs and sits down on the grass next to me.

"How long did you take?" He laughs and looks up at me, as he pats the grass spot next to him.

"Only. 7. Minutes. And. Thirty. Two. Seconds." I say between breaths collapsing on the floor next to him. He then asked why I am trying to hard to become striker on the team, and I explained the entire story to him. 

Alex isn't actually apart of the soccer team, everyone just knows him because he is Vlado's best friend and they are always together at school. He comes to every training, every match, every team meeting. But him and Jakob used to be best friends, now they don't speak anymore as something happened between them, but no one will tell me why.

Alex and I have always gotten along and clicked straight away when I first met Vlado which was at the soccer tryouts. We sat there and talked for another half an hour before I realised what the time was. 

"Sorry Alex but I have to go, thanks for coming down and helping me," I say and hug him.

"Anytime, good luck with Delgado. He and I may have had a rough past but deep down he is a good kid, you just gotta break his barrier. It may take a while but if you get past that you are most defiantly in." He smiles and slowly starts walking back towards his house.

>>

I opened the door to my bedroom and put my phone on my bedside table and pressed play on my spotify playlist. The first song that came on was Love You Like A Love Song by Selena Gomez. I laughed and started dancing around my room. I was looking at myself in the mirror as I danced and sung way out of tune. 

I remember Jakob being a really good singer when he was younger but I wouldn't know if he still is now. I mean grade 5 was 6 years ago now. 

I smile at the memories of Ruby, Jakob and I dancing around their living room belting out the lyrics to songs such as Teenage Dirtbag and Footloose. 

Ring Ring 

My phone goes off. I roll over my bed to where my phone sat on my bedside table. I look at the contact that has come up, my eyes widen and I just let the ringing fade. 

Ringggg Ringggg

agAIN ARE YOU SERIOUS STOP!! I look back at the phone.

Jakob Delgado is calling...

Wait what?

•••

Wonder why he is calling hmmm 

Maybe he wants something?

Maybe he knows something?

Gonna leave u hanging on that one whOOPS SORRY NO MORE UPDATES FOR TONIGHT AHHAA IM SO MEAN SORRY 

But let me be like this is my 7th chapter and I only started the book yesterday. 

Love you allllllll xxxxxx