0.6

Straight away when Ethan arrived, I decided to  confront him about what I saw today.

"Ethan can I talk to you?" I pull him towards Luke's backyard.

"Yeah sure, whats up?" He smiles.

"I saw you in town today with some girl... I thought you liked Alyssa? Are you just using this girl?" I asked whilst staring at him with a disappointed expression.

"Mia, that was Kaia you saw me with. She asked me to go to town with her to pick out a dress for tonight." He explains and then it makes sense and I remember back. I could only see the back of the girl and to be honest I should have realised. 

"Oh... so she like, asked you out?" 

"Well if you put it that way. But I still do like Alyssa. I was just being nice!" He looks down and starts biting his nails. I apologise for having a go at him in the first place and we walk back into the party. 

I sit on the couch where Mim and Vlado still haven't moved from. They are honestly one of the cutest couples. I start chatting to them and then I bring up to them about how I want to train some more and actually become better at the game. Vlado offered to help train but I told him Ethan is already helping me. Even though he isn't. 

I manage to go into the kitchen and I grab a can of coke and go stand next to Chris. 

"Hey I'm Mia, you're new aren't you?" I smile and introduce myself.

"Yeah, my name is Chris! I only started here last week." Even though I already knew all this information I knew it was polite to ask.

"Oh yeah where did you move from?" I ask as I make eye contact to Ellie who was mouthing to me about how she called dibs, I motioned for her to come over.

"I moved here from Sydney."

"Oh so same as Jakob did! You're gonna love it here in Melbourne," I smile as Ellie comes and stands next to me.

I point at Ellie, "Chris this is my friend Ellie, Ellie this is Chris. He is new to our school." I watch as they start talking. He mentions to her about how good her goal was at the match today. 

Whilst they are continuing to talk, I slowly leave the conversation and walk off somewhere more quite. I sit outside with a soccer ball in my lap. Drink in one hand, phone in the other, I scroll through instagram and snapchat keeping myself entertained. I finish my coke and take a shot at the bin. She shoots, aND SHE SCOREESS THE CROWD GOES WILDDD

I need help.

I stand up and put my phone in my pocket. The ball rolls out of my lap and stops at my feet. I start dribbling the ball around the yard and take some small quick shots at the brick wall on the side of the house. I really wish it was just easier for me to be able to get Jakob's attention and make him want to talk to me. But I'm just not cool enough or I don't 'reach his standards'. 

I start kicking the ball harder and harder. 

"UGH," I scream as I boot the ball towards the wall as hard as possible. I realise how loud I did that when Ellie and Chris run outside to where I was standing with tears slowly dripping down my face. 

"Babe whats wrong?" Ellie says putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing It's stupid, I'm fine." I say as I use my hand to wipe the tears away, a bit of makeup comes off with it. I just laugh at myself and how stupid I look, crying over some boy who could walk out that door at any moment. 

Ellie looks back at Chris and just smiles as they walk back inside together. She turns around and makes eye contact with me and flashes a small apologetic small in my direction. I look back towards the brick wall and stare at it for a couple seconds. 

C'mon Mia, get your act together.

I clean myself up through my camera on my phone and walk back inside. All I want to do now is go home and sleep. I mean I don't even like parties so why am I here. I see Ellie and Chris now sitting in the living room, deep in conversation. I walk over to where Kaia and Lucy sat and joined their conversation. They are both such happy and energetic people, it's easy to be able to talk to them about anything.

I sat and talked to them for maybe around half an hour before my mum texted. I replied to her quickly saying for her to pick me up in about 30-45 mins.

The quicker I get out of here the better! 

I excuse myself from the conversation and went to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and I'm a mess. Just one big mess. 

The door handle jiggled and someone opened the door. I quickly turned around to see Jakob standing there.

"Oh sorry Mia, I didn't realise anyone was in here." He looks me up and down and does a small smile before taking his time with closing the door. Before he completely shuts it, I tell him.

"Its all good, I was leaving now anyways. The bathroom is yours to use." I quickly scurry out of the room before I say something awkward. Pulling the door behind me, I lean up against the door. I take a deep breath and then my mum texts me saying she is out the front.

I quickly say goodbye to everyone and give them all a hug. Then I see Jakob standing near the doorway. I lift my head towards him.

"See ya," I say as I reach for the door handle. He does a cute side smile at me and gets the handle before me opening it for me instead. I thank him and leave, taking slow strides towards my mums car. 

Well today has been... something?

•••

sORRY ITS SHIT GUYS BUT IM TRYING TO UPDATE AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE <3

also follow me on Instagram: ethankarpathway  

twitter: miiaa_rose