You Don't Deserve My Love - pt. 1

Comenzar desde el principio

"Lily, you need to listen your papa.  We can go another day and we can maybe even go to the park, how does that sound?"

"Okay."  The little girl pouted, defeated.

Mitch finally intervened and started putting Lily's shoes on which for some reason unknown to him had come off.

"Mitch, can I speak to you for a second?"

"Lil, why don't you ask Miss Layla to take you to the bathroom before we go?"

Layla caught on to what Mitch was really asking and immediately swooped in to escort the little girl to the toilet.  One thing she hated was seeing parents argue in front of their child.

"So ca-"

"I'm going to stop you right there."  Mitch interrupted, silencing the other man.  "You know I'm more than happy for you to see Lily and spend time with her but I absolutely do not appreciate you making plans with her behind my back.  She's 4 years old, she doesn't understand a lot of what's going on and you making promises with her without consenting me first isn't helping.  Now I look like the bad guy for saying no so next time ask me first before you even so much as mention it to her."

"I'm sorry, Mitch.  I wasn't really thinking, she was just there and I just wanted to see her.  I miss her so much you don't understand."

"You're right, I don't understand but I guess that's what happens when I don't throw my family away for some boy toy."  Mitch snapped, fury flaming behind his brown eyes and began to walk away.  "See you in court, Scott."

It's weird being a gay, single, divorced father. Well at least Mitch thinks so. It's hard to find a great gay man who is willing to take on the added baggage of a child and an ex-husband. So dates were few and far between for Mitch. Not that he was really all that bothered, he was too focused on raising his daughter well, especially now he was dealing with co-parenting. And if he was being truly honest with himself, he still loved Scott.

He wasn't in love with him, that ship sailed last year when Scott decided to bring his boat into another dock but there was still definite feelings lingering there. Mostly for the man he knew and loved. Scott might not have loved Mitch at the end, made obvious by his cheating but Mitch was still head over heels for the blonde and would've done anything for him. That's what made this so hard. How could he have been so completely in love with a man who was in another man's bed? How had he not seen it before? Maybe he could've protected his heart better, been more prepared.

Alas, it did no use to live in the past and what could've been. This was his present, this was his reality and right now he was going to spend the night snuggling with his daughter watching Disney movies. That sounded like a much better plan to Mitch than any date could've been.

They were halfway through Cinderella when Lily sat up to face her father.

"Is that gon' happen to us, papa?"

"Is what going to happen, sweetie?" Mitch brushed some stray hairs away from her sleep heavy eyes.

"Are you gon' to marry some mean lady with mean kids who are gon' to be mean to me?"

"No, that's not going to happen. You know that papa doesn't like woman that way, remember? We talked about how some boys like other boys and that's okay."