2

"Stop ahhaha- what are you doing!" I laughed

We were training, or at least, that's what she seemed to think. In a way I suppose she was right. The only real difference being that she thought I was training her for the army, when in reality I was just doing everything I could to make sure she stayed alive.

"I'll stop when you admit that I'm a better fighter than you!"

"I'm sorry but I could never lie-

Veronica!" She attacked me once again, the little runt with her wooden sword. So anxious to be a warrior, with absolutely no idea what that meant. What all of Wavens soldiers had to indure to get to this point.

"I am stronger than you are and you know it Nik." She pouted.

"Someday you will be Ronnie, I'm sure of it. But for now, I ask that you rest, and think of something else to do. Something slightly less- barbariac?"

"The only thing barbaraic here is you and we both know it." She raised an eyebrow, not knowing how close to the truth that was.

"It's not near what you think it is darling. Much less excitment and much more pain."

She huffed and rolled her eyes at me, clearly getting frustrated at the thought that I didn't understand.

"I'm signing up Nik. It's what I want, what I've always wanted. I won't let you ruin it for me."