98 / routine

fluffy - hello - how are you - i've been toying with a story about ellis aND IF YOU'RE CRINGING AND HATE DRAWN OUT STORIES DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE TO READ IT - it'll be on radish but i'd probably post here too - late aug early september-ish

first class by rainbow kitten surprise sounds so nice

***

"Friend! I've missed you!" Ellis engulfs me in his arms and I hug him back. "Can you smell my new cologne? Isn't it amazing?"

We're laughing as we separate, holding each other's arms and smiling through it foolishly. "It's nice, man."

"Hi," he says excitedly.

"Hi." I reply.

"So, tell me everything. The entire trip, let's go." We link arms and stroll across campus to King's, since he hasn't taken his suitcase back to his room yet and it's dragging along the snowy sidewalk.

"Well... I met that Collins girl, and his new friend Finn. Oh, and we talked a lot and stuff."

"Boring, what else happened?"

"Plenty."

He laughs. "Well, turns out the guy I was texting wants to grab coffee tonight."

"Tonight? Not dinner?"

"Nope. I don't know, maybe he's weird but I'm willing to try!"

"What are you wearing?"

"I got a really nice cable knit sweater from my Abel, so probably that... I wish I could do something nicer with my hair though. Where's Cam when I need him? He's, like, hair goals." He jogs up the steps of his dorm ahead of me, stamping the snow from his illogical sneakers.

"He takes forty-five minutes on it every morning."

"Oh my gosh, you know his routine? Show me, show me, show me."

I'm waiting, perched on the counter of the men's bathroom when Ellis returns from the shower area in a fluffy robe.

I show him how to brush it while blowdrying, the same way I've seen Cam do it, and he sways and hums, curling the hair around it over and over again.

"I always thought he and Gabriel were this perfect naturally," he comments and I can't help but laugh.

"Ellis, no one... He always fills in his eyebrows and uses BB cream when his skin isn't even."

"Really." 

"Yeah... since I've known him, at least."

"So that's why his eyebrows are always so epic."