(pan)cakes / 87

Cam's wearing a henley that shows his collarbones and sits alone at a table near the buffet. His coffee is ignored on the table as he concentrates entirely on the book in his hands. He's wearing his cute rimless glasses.

He's the youngest - and most attractive - guy in the room by far.

"Hey," I sit down across from him and he sits up slightly, touching the page as he finishes the sentence. When he looks up, his eyes are searching.

"Morning, how did you sleep?"

"I dreamt about playing soccer with Gabriel and scoring four goals." I pick up his full coffee mug and take a sip, "So it was surprisingly nice."

"That's good, Kat."

"What are you reading?"

"Titus Andronicus," he says, in a sports announcer voice. "You'd think it would be depressing because of all of the deaths but the hand puns are so worth it. Want something to eat? I'm getting some pancakes."

He stands to get breakfast and the elderly lady with cute shiny necklaces sitting to his left smiles at me. We can't go anywhere without being called adorable, or perfect, or lovely. I take another sip of his coffee, and he returns with two pancake plates and another steaming mug. Tea this time, maybe the coffee was for me.

"I think I'm getting sick, my throat is killing me."

"Oh, great." I pour copious amounts of maple syrup over mine and he makes a puddle on his to dip in. "That means I'll get sick."

"Sorry, baby. You could always avoid me." He smiles cheekily, shrugging and waving his fork in a swish.

"I'd rather get sick."

"Love you too." We chew peacefully for a couple minutes before he gets his second wind. "On Google Maps we have six hours to go, so if we leave within an hour we'll be home before five."

"Sounds good, my mom texted me to wish us a good trip and to come straight to the apartment."

He smiles. "My mom wants me to babysit, but are you going to tell her?"

Tell. I don't want to tell. Telling makes it real. Realer.

"I know I should..."

"I'm sorry but you two are just adorable." The lady next to us says. Just like that, the seriousness is dropped. Cam does a little silent laugh, and I thank her.

"Every. Time," He mouths.

*********
when sloan called avery is better half awwww

i had a lovely day with my best friend having a deck-picnic and drinking coffee and taking cute aesthetic pictures

COME SEE ME ON TWEETER @/exoticfinn (of course)