She looked up at me startled, surprised probably that I actually talked.

“I can’t” she said in a bitter defeated tone, “My dad hired him to keep an eye on me.  I guess he thought that as soon as I saw a hot guy I would poor myself out to him.  What an idiot.  So no matter how much I hate Clyde I don’t have the power to replace him.”

Alyssa’s POV

As Chase and I were walking back to my room, James came running full speed towards us.  He was barely able to stop himself before he knocked me over.

“I’m glad I caught you! Master Daniel wants you to report to his office immediately.  I have to warn you though he is not in a good mood right now, so be careful at what you say…”

“Thanks for telling me James.” I told him gratefully, though I was saddened at the thought that I had to go see my father. “I will head there right away”

James nodded and took off, “I have a couple other things I have to do, so bye!” he yelled over his shoulder.

I turned to Chase and said, “I’ll meet you in my room after I go see my father.”

He nodded and walked off.  I watched him go and as he turned the corner I decided I couldn’t make my father wait anymore longer and headed towards his study.

“Ah, Alyssa, I see my slave told you to come,” my father said as I walked through the door.

I nodded and immediately notice my father’s favorite knife that he was twirling around in his fingers.  It was the same one he had thrown at me years ago, the one that left a scar down my leg.  “What do you need father?” I asked cautiously.

“Well a duke invited us to go eat at their house tonight and I told him we would be there, so I need you to get dressed in your best, we’ll be leaving soon. Oh, and I heard you haven’t been making your vampire wear his collar, make sure he’s wearing it tonight.  It will benefit all of us if he does. That is all, you may go now.”

I was about to argue until I heard the threat in his voice and the deadly glint in his eyes.  I knew the violence he was capable of and decided I was going to listen to James warning, so I just nodded and left.  I walked down the hallway promising myself that I would get back at Clyde for telling my father that.  I knew he did it just to get back at me for yelling at him earlier that day, I’m surprised he wasn’t there smirking over my father’s shoulder just then.

I walked in a saw Chase sitting in the chair in the corner.  He got up when I entered, I think he was able to tell I was mad, and asked, “What did he want?”

“He needed to tell me that we have to go eat with a duke tonight.  Him and his stupid politics…”

Chase just nodded, and I was grateful he didn’t ask why I was mad though, he would soon find out.

I marched to my closet thinking about the collar.  I hate those collars, it’s like they are dogs when you put them on.  Though, most people think of their slaves even lower than dogs.  Apparently collars are supposed to help us though… It tells other people that the certain vampire is theirs and nobody is allowed to touch them but them.  It is also made out of a very strong metal that even vampire’s with their super strength cannot break.  If a vampire runs off it is rare that they are able to get the collar off, which helps the owner find the vampire and recapture him so they can take him back home so they can either punish them severely or kill them.  Most of the owners think it is letting them off easy if they just kill them so they will usually torture them or deprive them of blood before they kill them.  It’s really sick at what some people do.