Ch 20- Family Reunion

"Considering you have not been to see any of your other family members, I would have to say no," Integra replied, her eyes narrowed now.

"As sharp as ever, Integra," Ciel laughed. "You are one to talk, though. You have not been to see anyone else in the family since your father, Uncle Arthur, passed away."

"I have my reasons. Now, I will ask again, why did you come here?" Integra asked.

Ciel sighed before continuing.

"Sebastian," he said and his tall butler reached into his undercoat and produced an envelope with the royal seal stamped on the fold.

Sebastian handed her the envelope with a bow.

Integra's eyes widened as she looked at the seal. She took the envelope in her white gloved hand and, using her sharp letter opener, tore it open. She pulled out the letter and read carefully.

"So this is why Her Majesty's guard dog has come to my home," Integra stated as she looked up feom the letter with serious eyes and sat down in her chair.

"Yes. I am afraid, whether we like it or not, this is happening," Ciel replied.

"Do you have any idea who this Trancy boy is? I have heard a few things about him, but not near enough as I should," Integra questioned.

"I am afraid I only know as much as you do," Ciel shrugged. "I was told to immediately deliver your letter to you after I received mine."

"I see," Integra said.

"So, I have a simple question for you," Ciel said, his smile returning. "Are you up to the challenge?"

**********

"What do you mean you want to keep Cara here?" Alucard asked angrily, standing between his wife and his master, Integra.

"It is only until this whole mess is settled down. Once we are sure it is safe for her, then she may join us," Integra clarified, holding up her hand defensively.

"What could be safer than with me?" Alucard asked bitterly.

"Right now, Alucard, your judgment regarding Mrs. Cara's safety is, quit frankly, rather less than usual," Walter stepped in.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have asked for it!" Alucard informed. "And if you think I'm leaving her here, then-"

"Alucard," Cara interrupted as she lightly touched his arm, making him turn to her.

"We will wait outside," Integra said as she and the others walked out.

"This is probably for the best," Cara said when they were gone.

"But-" Alucard tried to contradict.

"If Master Integra thinks this is for the best, then I trust her," Cara smiled as she cupped his face in her hands. "No matter where we are or how far apart, I will always love you."

"I love you, too," Alucard whispered back.

"Besides, do you really want to argue with a pregnant vampire, now do you?" Cara half smiled playfully.

"No. I can barely handle you when you're not," Alucard sighed.

"And it will only be for a few days," Cara reminded him. "We've survived years without seeing each other. We'll be fine."

"I know," Alucard replied.

"M-master. We need to be going now," Seras said shyly. "Goodbye, Cara. We'll see you in a few days."

"See you then," Cara called back as Seras walked back out.

Alucard turned her face back towards him and whispered gently, "I love you so much."

"I love you, too," Cara smiled before they kissed.

They broke apart slowly, one of his hands at her stomach and the other holding her hand.

The tips of their fingers gradually stopped touching and he disappeared into the shadows.

She placed a hand overtop where his had been, still feeling his warmth there, even through her black gloves.

'What is going to become of us?' Cara thought to herself as she felt her baby squirm inside her.

Authors Note

Short chapter, I know.

Okay, so for those that don't know, the sequel to this is called Black Huntress. If you'd like to read it, you can go to my page or search it.

I will warn you though, the story no longer centers around Alucard and Cara. The new main characters will have to be discovered on your own.

I sincerely hope you'll read the sequel.

Thanks so much for your support on Hunters in the Night!

I love you all for making this story possible!