Ch 15- Her Beginning

"Stay in here, Seras," the young girls mother said quietly as she shut the doors to the closet.

A few moments later, the same little girl heard shouts and crashing noises, shadows dancing across the slits of light the pooled into the small closet, until the room outside the closet was filled with silence.

She slowly opened the wooden doors and looked into what was once the clean living room.

"Mommy? Daddy?" the young girl said quietly as she stared down at her parents bodies now covered in blood, her thick English accent laced with tears.

(10 Years Later)

The countryside of Cheddar Village is seemingly peaceful as the sun sets on the quiet town, casting a pinkish glow on the sky.

Young Simon and two other officers stand in the threshold of a dark church surrounded by even darker graves.

A flashlight is shinned into the darkness as Simon points his polished, silver gun. The young blond to his right has her gun in the ready position.

The flashlight shines on the darkly dressed priest as he holds a woman in his arms. Deep growls are heard as his fangs are sunk deep in the woman's neck and her blood is sucked from her body.

The priest detaches from the woman and turns to the officers. Blood spurts out of her wound and covers the side of the priests face as his ghastly pale expression looks upon the officers.

The two male police officers gasp and Simon points his gun at the ceiling. The young blond covers her mouth as her gasp escapes her lips. Her big blue eye are wide.

The priest stands with the woman draped over his arm and gestures with his free hand to the pews of the church. An eerie fog rises as figures come up out of the pew, their red eyes the only thing visible on their darkened bodies.

The horrifying faces of the once human creatures come into view as they snarl and bare their hideous teeth.

The police officers back away slightly as Simon and the other male re-aim their gun, Simons arms shacking. 

The seemingly decaying figures wobble towards the officers as the male holding the flashlight lets it drop from his hand and they open fire.

"Shit!" Simon says.

The young blond stops firing as she looks up at the ceiling.

(Outside the City Line)

Police lights flash from the cars as an officer talks on his radio.

Many officers talk outside a green tent.

"What? What did you just say?" a male voice asks from inside the tent.

Another officer looks over to the commotion.

Three men inside the tent look horrified as they stare at the young woman. Her aging butler takes off her coat, causing her long hair to billow out behind her, and bows as the light is reflected off his monocle.

"Could you please say that one more time, Director Hellsing... Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing," the same man asks.

Integra's hands are held behind her back as she is face away from the men. Her neatly pressed suit would say she were a man if not for her hair and other feminine features.

"I'll repeat myself once again, then," Integra says then turns to face the men with a sly smile. "They're ghouls. This village is swarming with them."

A swarm of blackened figures, only their red eyes showing, come briskly through the forest.

"Ghouls are what happens when a vampire's victim is not a virgin," Integra continued. "You might say they're something like zombies, only under the control of said vampire." A police officer and many other people are seen walking down the forest as she explains this. "Therefor, it's safe to assume a vampire's present in that village."