Ch 10- The Dog and His Kitty

She did not know why she kissed him, it just simply happened. Her body had moved to its own accord.

It took him only seconds to react. He wrapped his arms around her and pressed her against him, deepening the kiss.

However, she regained control of her mind and pushed him away.

He starred at her, shocked. Not exactly sure what had happened.

She turned her head away from him and covered her mouth, her lips still warm from the kiss.

"Caralina..." Alucard began.

She held up her hand, silencing him. She did not want to hear anything at the moment.

She did not know what to think.

She wondered how she could have missed this. Really, the only difference was his eyes, the length of his hair, and his lack of facial hair. Other than that, he looked the same.

'He is alive,' that was the thought that broke her out of her haze. "He has been alive all this time, and he just left me in the dark."

"How could you do this?" she shouted, turning on her heels and starring him dead in the eye. "You were supposed to be there for your people! For your kingdom! You just left everyone in the dark!" She walked up to him and started pounding on his chest. "Your sick! Your cruel!"

He just stood there starring down at her as she starred at his chest, letting her hit him. His eyes had softened and his brows knitted together in sadness for her. Though it did not hurt, he deserved this from her. He had left her alone for too long.

"I hate you," she lied. She stopped hitting him when the tears fell down her face. She started sinking to the floor and he sank with her, holding her in his arms.

"No, you do not," he said, seeing right through her.

"How do you know?" she asked, her voice shaky with tears.

"Because if you did, you would not be wearing my necklace with your engagement ring on the band," he said.

She had forgotten that she had pulled it out. That was true. If she hated him, why was she still wearing it?

She brought her hand up the the necklace and touched it with the tips of her fingers.

"Why did you leave me for so long?" she asked, the question nagging at her.

"I wanted to the moment I awoke. But then I decided something," he replied.

"What was that?" she asked, curiosity in her voice.

"That I still wanted to be a year older than you," he replied.

"What?" she asked, confused.

"I believe we had a deal," he said, ignoring her question.

"Oh," she replied, remembering.

She may not have known who he was when she made the deal, but she had made it none the less.

"Now that I have you, what shall I do with you?" he asked, pressing her harder into him.

He was different now than she remembered.

Would he hurt her? Kill her? Would he do what she would not let him do two years ago?

Because of their deal, there was not a thing she could do. No matter what he decided.

She thought of what he had done to Bartholomew and the rest of the servants. She started shacking uncontrollably.

He immeadiatly felt her shacking and had an idea of what she was thinking.