Ch 11- Awakening

Caralina's eyes fluttered open, her sight meeting with darkness she could easily see through. She could tell she was in a wooden box of some kind, that was about it.

If she were still human, she would have wondered where she was. However, her memory was sharper and she remembered everything.

She rolled over and looked at Alucard.

Over her years as a vampire, her human memories would start to become fuzzy. However, she would not let her memories of him go. She would never let go.

Alucard was lying so close to her, sleeping just as peacefully as he had when they slept next to each other at the castle. His huge body was taking up so much space, but she did not mind. She had missed him so much. He could sleep as close to her as he wanted.

She scooted closer still, closing the space between them without waking him. His arm wrapped around her waist in his sleep and crushed her against his hard chest.

She looked up at him, placing her hand on his cheek and brushing the thick bangs from his face.

His eyes opened a little, looking down at her. He gave her a loving smile, one he would only ever show to her.

"Morning," Caralina said, smiling.

"Morning," Alucard replied. "How do you feel?"

"I feel amazing," she said.

"Are you thirsty?" he asked, knowing she would be.

She felt a sudden burning sensation in her throat and a knot in her stomach, her body reacting to his words.

"Now that you mention it..." she said, giving a shy smile.

Alucard chuckled and lifted the lid, pushing it to the side. He sat up and threw his legs out the side, standing up. He made her feel like a newborn with her lying like this. Although, she technically was considering she was just born into this 'life'.

She was about to sit up when he leaned over and picked her up, holding her bridal style.

"I think I can walk," Caralina said as she wrapped her arms around his neck to steady herself.

"And I think I prefer to carry you," Alucard chuckled.

Caralina smiled and rested her head on his shoulder as he walked away from where they had slept.

She looked over his shoulder at their 'bed'.

"We slept in a coffin?" Caralina asked, surprised.

"Yes. A coffin is what vampire's sleep in. Did you not know this?" Alucard asked.

"Yes, I knew. I just did not know that a coffin could be so comfortable," Caralina said. Alucard chuckled and Caralina felt his chest vibrate with it. It almost tickled her.

He sat her in a chair and moved to a huge chest against on of the walls. He opened the lid and rummaged through it.

Eventually, he came up with a Japanese style dress that she absolutely loved! Although she could do without the shortness of it. It even came with black knee high socks, black gloves, and small black shoes that made her own small feet look even smaller. (See picture to the right for details ----->)

After she dressed, she placed a pink flower in her hair with a yellow bow attached to complete the outfit and pulled her hair into a ponytail/braid. The shortness of the skirt on the dress made her look even taller than she was now.

She looked at herself in a full length mirror, curious of how she looked in the new outfit, and nearly gasped.

Her golden hair shimmered in the candle. Her eyes sparkled with different colors. It was as if she had an entire universe in her eyes. Her skin was pale, but it was a pale that made her look pretty. There was not a blemish on her, except on her neck where Alucard had bit her, the tall tale sign of her species.