004

-Byeol's POV-
I'm not even going to bother looking but I can feel all the girls in our class glaring daggers at me. Why? Oh why must I be cursed with such a pitiful and horrid fate. I want to leave but that never goes well because I just end up getting told off and being brought back to school. There goes all of my peaceful lunches. People are probably going to start ganging up on me and complain about how I stole "our Jiminnie" like in those movies (it's not like I asked to be paired up with him. Goddammit).

His footsteps are slow and heavy but I can see the new kid awkwardly walk over to me, sit down and attempt to smile at me. "I know that you don't like me and I don't like you either so since we have a mutual hatred for each other, let's respect that and try to finish this project without causing too much trouble for one another." I mean, the guy is handsome and all but I can't be won over by a cheap smile and good looks (unlike certain girls that I know). He just wants to make me do all of the work and then have him get all of the credit, I can feel it in my bones. The new kid raises his eyebrow and looks almost confused for a second. "I hate you?" He mumbles softly. Honestly, is it really that hard to understand? We both hate each other, is it really that difficult of a concept? What a dumbass. Sighing, he sweeps his dark hair back with one hand before saying, "give me your number. I'm going to need it." At this point, I'm just confused. Why does he want with my number? What does he plan to do with it?
Is he going to sell it off to someone? Am I going to get murdered? Actually, he's probably just trying to rile me up so I'll have to remain calm.

"And you need my number because?"
"We're going to need to keep in contact if we're going to be doing with project together"
"Fine, whatever."
"So are you going to give it to me or not?"

After that, we exchanged numbers and basically just stopped talking to each other. The room was fairly quiet, all you could hear was the soft murmur of a few people as they discussed their project. It was so quiet that you could hear the sound of birds chirping and leaves rustling outside. It was peaceful. It felt good.

--------------------------------------
I'm going to stop writing "Byeol's POV" at the start of the chapter now because everything is basically just going to be in her POV unless I state otherwise. There might also be a few chapters from now on where they're just texting each other but you'll know the difference because whenever they're texting, I'll have it written in italics :') Oh and sorry for the shortness of this chapter 😂