Gravity

"Kyle." My mom called out.

I got off of my bed and went downstairs not really feeling like yelling. I walked into the living room and found my parents on the couch. "Yeah."

"Your dad and I are going out tonight. You and Mia can order pizza or something."

"Actually, I was going to ask if I could go out tonight?"

"Sure hun. Where are you going?" She asks.

"Uh, I'm going out to eat."

"Oh ok. Are you coming home or staying over at...?"

"Matt. I'm staying over at Matt's house."

"Is he a new friend?"

"Jess, leave the poor kid alone." My dad interjected.

"What? I just wanted to know." She said defending herself.

My dad just shook his head. "Come on Jessica. Let's leave so you can't interrogate him anymore. Besides we have reservations." He paused to look at me. "Bye Kyle. Make sure you tell your sister that you're not going to be here tonight."

"Okay I will. Bye guys." I closed the door behind then.

I love my parents. They're the couple that has teenage children and stressful jobs, but still manage to go on dates and get away for a weekend every once in a while.

I started walking to my room but stopped at Mia's door.

"Hey, I'm going out tonight. I'll be back sometime tomorrow morning.

"Where are you going?"

Why is everyone so interested in my life all of a sudden? "Dinner. Oh yeah, mom and dad left and they said order out or something."

"Ok whatever. Who are you going to dinner with?"

"A person." I said and walked away from her room.

I checked my phone when I got back to my room and I had a text from Matt.

-I'm going to pick you up at 7:30.

I checked the time, 6:23. That's more than enough time to get ready, but ready for what?

-Where are we going?

-It's a surprise.

I smiled.

-So am I dressing formal, or casual or somewhere in between?

-Wear something casual.

-Ok. See you later.

After my shower I walked to my closet while towel drying my hair. Matt said to wear something casual. Does that mean jeans and a t-shirt? Did he mean casual as in dressy casual? "No, if that's what he meant then he would have said so." I scolded myself for over-thinking this.

I decided to go with a pair of jeans and a blue button up shirt with a white beater underneath. I left the button up undone so you could see the tank. Along with it I wore navy blue vans.

I looked at myself in the mirror and the doorbell rang.

I ran downstairs yelling to Mia that I would be leaving. I opened the door and saw Matt with his hands in his pocket. He saw me and instantly grinned.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi. You ready to go?" He asks.

"Um yeah." I stepped outside closing the door behind me.

Matt grabbed my hand and led me to his car. He opened my door for me then walked around to get in on his side.

"Where we're going is a surprise so I'm going to have to blindfold you." He said looking at me.