"So, Adelainde, how are you?" he asked me, trying to start a conversation.

He was a good dad and he has tried to apologize millions of times I just never let him.

"Um I am fine, Dad." I said not looking up from my plate.

I started to eat quicker. The moment I finished I got up.

"Um I have to get to school now, bye." I said, getting my keys from the key holder in the kitchen.

"Wait I have to tell you some important news." he said getting up.

"Can it wait until afterschool?" I asked.

He looked like he was thinking about it for a while then looked up

"Sure honey, it can wait." he said smiling.

"Okay then bye guys." I said running outside.

I shut door and sighed of relief. The cold breeze hit me and I felt my nose turn red. As I breathed from my mouth I saw air come out. I opened the locks to my shiny red 1955 Chevrolet Nomad. It was my baby, for now. I started the engine turning the heater on. I rubbed my hands together for warmth. It was the time of year where it was popsicle freezing. I turned the radio on listening as the Fray came on. By the time I got to school they finished. I got out of my car and the cold breeze hit me yet again. I got my backpack from the back of the car and started walking towards the school of boredom. As I was walking, someone bumped hard to me from the back and I fell on my knees. "Oh shit I am so sorry, it was an accident." a husky voice said giving their hand for me to get up.

I took it and got up, wiping my knees.

"Yeah it's okay." I said, pissed off looking up.

I saw it was a guy. My mistake, a GOREGOUS guy. He had brown hair ice blue eyes, and a tiny mustache/goatie. He was wearing black pants a white tee shirt and combat boots.

"Uh hi I'm James." he said sticking out his hand for me to shake.

I shook it

"Hi um I'm Adelaide." I was looking strangely at him

. "Are you new here?" I asked.

He smiled "Yeah. I just moved here from Florida. My mom got a promotion." he said.

I nodded "Well it was nice meeting you. Now I have to go to class." I said turning around not waiting for him to answer.

I knew he probably wasn't going to talk to me by the end of the day because the 'populars' will probably take over his whole brain.

"Wait Up!!!" I turned around to see James running towards me.

Afew people glanced at us. When he got to me, I gave him a confused look.

"Could you come to the office with me because I really don't know where it is and I need to get my schedule." he said.

I ooked at him for a few secounds, wondering why this hot looking guy was talking to me. I wasn't bad looking. I had light brown hair and hazel eyes.

"Um okay." I said and we went to the office.

"Hello Ms. um James here is new could you give him his schedule?" I asked a little cruelly to the office lady.

She was fat and wore tiny glasses. So stereotypical. She glanced at us and you had to be stupid to not see her roll her eyes at us as she went to go get him schedule. A few minutes later she returned.

"Yes here you go James. Hope you have a good day." she said smiling at him.

I rolled my eyes and got out of the office, heading towards my first bell. The bell rang. Dang it. I went back to the office and saw James the same way and the lady doing something on her computer. As I walked in she muttered something I didnt hear under her breath and rolled her eyes. I sighed. "Um excuse me could I please have a late pass." I asked her, putting on a fake smile.