How much will that stupid punch on Felix cost me?

Start from the beginning

"Was."

"Excuse me?" my eyes went wide like Jupiter and I choked on my own words.

"Logan Hunter is dead."

I paled. The guy may have been the biggest mistake of my life but I cared for him at some point. The thought of him dead, made my stomach sick and before I knew it, I threw up the rice and Chapatti that Elliot fed me.

I don't handle deaths well if you haven't noticed yet.

Cross winced and shot up from his chair.

"Get her cleaned up!" he shouted as he stormed out of my cage and mumbled. "If only I can kill her right now."

Once he was out, Elliot hopped on my side and rubbed my back while holding my hair as I sobbed.

The guy may pretend to be cold and cruel but he definitely has a soft spot for me.

"Sh. It's okay."

"D-Did I-I kill h-him?" bile rose up my throat at the thought and made me sick all over again.

"No." he stated firmly. "You didn't."

I looked up at him with questioning eyes as he asked for keys to unlock me from wall. He freed me from my leash and supported me up.

"We need to clean you up."

I shook my head.

"Who?"

He gulped and I knew that I will not like the answer.

"Cross's head did."

I pursed my lips and tried to focus on breathing.

"Why?"

"Betrayal."

We entered the washroom I was using since the day I was brought here. He picked me up and settled me on counter.

"I will help you clean up."

"Why are you helping me?" He sighed wearily and grabbed a towel as he closed the door before crouching down to my eye level.

"I may be a Cross. I may be cruel. I may have hurt you. But I can't help it Cygnet, I am your brother. I never wanted you or Cedric back here. See, what it did, destroyed your life and brought a hurricane to Kovorelle. I was trying so hard to keep Crosses unaware of you but they found out. I had to volunteer this job because I may pretend but I saw it in your eyes that you know I care for you."

I stayed silent and studied him for a second as he sighed and started opening the drawers.

"Why don't you go back?" I whispered as he dabbed my face clean with a wet towel. He froze.

"Do you know why they gave me up?" I shook my head and he looked away. "That's why I don't want you to know. You are the only family I saw in years and if I told you what I did, then you will hate me too. I can't take that."

I looked him in eye.

"The lady whom I called mom for whole life was the one who died saving me, yet the people I called family, never hated me. The people who were my family left me with strangers, thought I was dead and yet I don't hate them. What makes you think that I will hate you?"

He studied me for a second before a small smile took over his lips. He placed his hand on my hair.

"My sister grew up."

A sharp pain broke my heart as I recalled the exact same words from Aiden. I shook my head and looked at him expectantly. He bit his lips and looked down.

"I-I was the r-reason you had to s-suffer everything t-that y-you have been t-through."

My breath hitched.

"I b-backstabbed my own f-family. I-I h-helped C-Cross in a-attack. I-I ruined e-everything."

"W-Why?"

His eyes widened.

"Y-You want to know?" I furrowed my eyebrows and he shook his head. "I was just shocked that the girl who knows me for 3 days is willing to see my reason yet the people I called family for whole life, don't want to."

I took his hand and winced because of handcuffs. He immediately took my wrist and bandaged it. I have a feeling that it was to avoid my eyes.

"I was instigated." He took a deep breath. "My dad was older than yours, yet grandma chose your dad for throne. I was 13. I was hurt that I had to see hurt in my father's eyes every time someone congratulated your dad for being capable, as if my dad was less. Cross saw it and they took advantage of it. They used me for betrayal. Dad disowned me. I had nowhere to go and again, Cross saw advantage in me as they took me in. I hated Law for never trying to see my side. I hated them for pinning everything on me. I hated you for ruining me and that's why when I saw you after so long, I wanted to hurt you like I was hurt." he shook his head "I built myself into a cold and cruel human for 11 years and you, Cygnet, you broke the charade in 3 days."

I stayed silent as he nervously bandaged me up and dabbed me clean.

"Did Cross and Hunter always knew about my existence?"

"No, Hunter came to know a year or two ago. He kept Cross in dark because of his greed for throne but a video blew your identity. You punched a guy in that."

My eyes widened.

How much will that stupid punch on Felix cost me?

"B-But that was deleted!"

"It was indeed taken down in a day. But, it was enough for Cross to find you out. Especially when Cross started doubting Hunter and started snooping on him. That dumbass liked the video and that's how our cyber team found you."

I bit my lip as silence engulfed us. It was all too much to take at once and I felt my head spinning.

"I will go get you new clothes." I grabbed his arm.

"No. This is my brother's hood and believe me or not, his faint scent and your presence is the only thing keeping me alive at this point."

He nodded and I had a feeling that he understood that it wasn't Alex, whom I was calling my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE BOOK IS NEARING IT'S END AND I AM SO HEARTBROKEN AT THIS POINT. AFTER THIS CHAPTER, YOU'LL GET 2 MORE ALEX'S POVs AND THEN WE WILL BE BACK TO ASTRID.

SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER?

HOW IS ELLIOT?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF KYLE?

ARE YOU EXCITED FOR NEXT UPDATE?

VOTE AND COMMENT.