Chapter Twenty Six - Happy Valentine's Day

-Author's Note: Aaaaaaaah! Sorry again, guys, I wasn't home last night. Just so you know, and so that I don't have to do more author's notes, every time I don't write a chapter, I will write two the next day.-

After Mira's Matching Game, the partners got together to prepare for the other events. The next event was the Couples Contest. Everyone had to enter with their partner, and whichever couple received the most points won. The boys in the guild were devastated, while the girls just laughed at their misery.

The contest began with a trust test. The boys all lined up on one side of the room, and the girls all lined up on the other side. The boys were instructed to throw their magic at the girls without touching them. If the girls flinched, they would be hit. If they remained still, they would be unscathed. Natsu grinned.

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist," he yelled.

His attack went to her left, but she tried to dodge, succeeding only in jumping in the way of his flames. Luckily, she stopped in time, but not before the fire singed the hairs on her arm. Laxus laughed at them. A bolt of lightning shot towards Mira, going right past her. However, she involuntarily shifted as a reflex, and she got a mild shock. Similar things happened to the other poor female wizards. Finally, it was Gray's turn.

"Erza," he asked, "do you trust me?"

"With my life," she answered.

"Then don't move, no matter what," Gray said. "Ice Make: Arrow!"

Erza looked at the arrow coming straight for her, and she told herself Gray would never hurt me. She didn't move a muscle, and the arrow flew right over her head, embedding itself in the wall behind her. The room erupted in applause.

"The winners of this round are Gray and Erza!" announced Master Makarov.

Juvia seethed. Love rival... she thought. I know! I'll win Gray over with a candy-gram! She gave Gray a heart-shaped candy with a note attached saying 'I s̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ think about you every day'. Gray laughed and showed it too Erza. She laughed as well. Juvia sulked and went back to her partner.

The next part of the contest was a chemistry competition. Each couple would attempt a unison raid, and the pair that succeeded would gain a point. This time, Laxus and Mira went first. Mira transformed into her Satan Soul, and she and Laxus held hands. They tried to combine their magic, but Laxus ended up electrocuting the poor takeover wizard. Natsu and Lucy tried next. She summoned Sagittarius, who fired three arrows, all of which Natsu set on fire. Unfortunately, the arrows disintegrated before reaching their target. Erza and Gray stepped forward. Erza requipped into her Heaven's Wheel Armor, and summoned a hundred swords. Gray infused each one with some of his magic. Erza flung all of the swords at the wall of the guild and as they all made contact, the entire wall froze over.

"That," they both smirked, "is how you do a unison raid."

Master Makarov beamed with pride at their accomplishment and said, "Once again, Erza and Gray win the round!"

The final test was to see which couple was the cutest together. The girls chatted excitedly, and the boys just groaned at how lovey-dovey the day had become. Natsu and Lucy held hands. Levy gave Gajeel a kiss on the cheek. Laxus let Mira hug him. All the couples of the guild were being cute, but Gray wanted to go all out. He dimmed the lights so that there was a spotlight in the center of the guild. He had everyone surround the spotlight, and then he dragged Erza to middle of the circle of people.

He got down on one knee, pulled out a ring pop, and said "Erza, will you be my Valentine?"

Something inside of her clicked and she felt her heart suddenly begin to beat faster. She felt positive she was blushing. She was so sure she and Gray were just best friends, and she told herself that this was nothing more than Gray trying to win the contest, but she had to ask herself, do I want it to be more?

She shook it off and answered, "Of course, Gray!"

The guild once more applauded, and Master Makarov smiled, for he knew what was going on in each of their minds.

"The winners of the Couples Contest are GRAY and ERZA!" he shouted with joy.

Everyone cheered, except for Juvia, and Gray put his arm around Erza, pulling her to his side, never wanting to let go. Erza realized that she never wanted him to let go, either. After a light lunch and some more fun, Fairy Tail prepared for the big and final event of the night: the Midnight Dance.