Chapter Twenty Three - Back At the Guild

-Author's Note: I'm so sorry I didn't update last night! I was really tired and I got halfway through before I had to go to bed. Please forgive me! This chapter is for last night, and I'll do another one tonight. -

Erza woke up, a smile still on her face, and walked to Gray's house so they could go to the guild together. Gray had woken up hours before and was pacing back and forth in his room, both nervous and excited for his big day. Once he finally decided on what to wear, he chastised himself for acting like such a girl. What to wear?! Seriously?! God, Erza, what have you done to me?!

He went downstairs to make breakfast for Erza since he knew she would be arriving soon. When Erza walked into Gray's house, the first thing she noticed was her favorite smell--strawberries. She walked into the kitchen and found Gray baking strawberry muffins. She was elated.

"Gray! You didn't have to do this for me!"

Gray spun around in surprise and said, "Erza! Hi! And don't worry about it! I like to bake, it was no trouble at all."

When the muffins were done, they ate, and then they did the dishes together. Once they had finished, they walked to the guild, excited to see what had happened in their absence. They opened the doors and the entire guild rushed to them.

"Oh my!"

"Are you guys OK?"

"What happened?"

"We heard you were sick!"

"Are you feeling better?"

The shouts came from every direction, and the ice make wizard and requip mage were overwhelmed. The crowd suddenly parted and along came Natsu, his face scrunched up as if he were analyzing them.

"Where the hell were you two? Did you go off and get married or something? Jeez, you been gone for like, two weeks!" he said.

"Natsu!" exclaimed Lucy. "Don't be rude!"

"Wh-what? N-no, of course not! I mean, we'rejustfriendswhywouldwedothatwhywouldyouevensaysomethinglikethatthatsridiculousthatwouldneverhappen!" Gray and Erza both sputtered out, blushing furiously.

Erza was surprised. She was blushing instead of punching Natsu like she normally would. Why am I blushing? she wondered.

Once the crowd died down, Juvia ran forward and tackled Gray with a hug.

"Gray! I'm so happy to see you! I'm glad you're safe! I was so worried, and so lonely! I had no one to talk to, Gray! I was all alooooooooooooone!" she wailed.

"Juvia, what are you talking about? There are at least twenty people in the guild at all times, except for at night," Gray said.

"But you weren't here, so why would I talk to anyone else?" she replied.

Gray just sighed and walked away. He was used to Juvia's behavior. Erza couldn't help but feel slightly territorial when Juvia came and began pestering Gray. She mentally slapped herself.

Gray and Erza went to the request board to pick out a mission. After staring for a while, they found one that was perfect.

"Wizards needed: a sea monster is capsizing the ships at the port city of Flersha. The city is requesting two wizards to capture the creature. Reward: 10,000 jewels per wizard," Gray read aloud. "Sounds good to me. What do you think, Erza?"

"I think it's perfect," she replied. I think you're perfect... she added in her mind. WHAT?! She shook her head trying to snap out of it. She was seriously worried and began to think herself delusional.

"Erza, are you alright?" Gray asked. "You've been spacing out a lot lately."

"Oh, yes. I'm fine, Gray. Are you ready to go?"

"Yep," he replied.

They left to go capture the sea monster, both happier than they had ever been, but only one knowing the reason why.