Chapter Nine - When the Sun Meets the Horizon

When the sun meets the horizon, and the moonlight touches the ground...where the four seasons meet, and the four elements all unite as one...

The wizards figured that the first part meant sunset. Right after the sun went down, the moonlight could be seen illuminating the night. It was the second part that had stumped them. And then when the voice in their heads had told them to catch a falling star...it was just one more mystery for them to solve. But when the mysterious being had taken their memories...all of a sudden they had known where to go. The image of a place had just embedded itself in their minds. It felt as though they had always known, as though it had always been there, and had simply needed to be remembered.

The image in their minds was that of a small clearing. There were no trees, no grass, there was nothing, save a small symbol in the center, unnoticeable on a first glance. The symbol, they knew, was the symbol of the demon--the symbol of Dark Shadow. The symbol was like a yin yang, but with two dragons. The two dragons seemed to be locked in an everlasting battle, symbolizing the never ending war between light and dark, good and evil, the brightness of day and the shadows of the night.

 The two dragons seemed to be locked in an everlasting battle, symbolizing the never ending war between light and dark, good and evil, the brightness of day and the shadows of the night

The wizards seemed to have a map inside their minds, for they walked as if they were being pulled towards the clearing. It was there, they were sure, that they would find the falling star that would lead them to the demon.