Chapter 26 Harvest Festival

"Addie, I'm home."

"There's some cookies for you Gemma on the table."

"Did you make them?"

"Yes I did."

"Do you always call your mom by her first name?" Stella asked looking horrified.

"Thanks Mom," Gemma said loudly, "sometimes. Stella and Geraldine are here Mom."

"There's more cookies in the cookie jar, help yourselves." They each took two cookies and followed Gemma into the library.

"Is Ruby here?"

"She's laying in the sun by the barn."

"Thank you for the cookies Gemma's Mom," Stella said.

"Just call me Addie."

"That one's Stels and that's Jeri. That's my Mom."

"Are you staying for dinner?" Adrianna asked smiling. "You are most welcome."

"See I told you," Gemma said.

"Yes, thank you."

"Gemma tells me your cousins."

"Yes we are, I live with Jeri," Stella said, "My parents have passed."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"After we see Ruby can we go swimming?"

"Just come and get me that would be fine."

"Let's grab another cookie, then we'll see the dragon." Gemma walked up to the dragon as started rubbing her neck. The other girls approached cautiously and slowly. Ruby looked at them.

"I promise not to bite," Ruby said. And the girls jumped.

"They really do talk!" Stella whispered.

"Rub her right here, she loves it." Soon all three girls were rubbing the dragon as she moaned with pleasure. Adrianna walked with Gemma and her friends to the pond. "One of the boys asked me today if I ever wore shoes," Gemma said.

"How did you answer that," Adrianna asked.

"I told him I do when it suits me. Are you going to swim with us?"

"If it's OK with your friends." Adrianna pulled her dress off over her head and jumped off the rock into the pond. "Waters still warm."

"Your Mom don't have anything on," Jeri whispered. Gemma pulled her dress off and joined Adrianna in the pond.

"Neither do I," Gemma laughed. "Come on in." The two girls stayed at the pool side for almost a full two minutes before disrobing and jumping in. "What do you usually wear when you swim," Gemma asked.

"We don't swim, but we were thinking underwear," Geraldine said.

"We don't always were underwear," Gemma said laughing. They swam for a long time, the friends finally jumping off the rock, and diving as they got braver. I'm going to dry off in the sun Adrianna said as she climbed onto the rock.

"What if somebody sees us?" Stella said.

"Nobody will, it's our secret pond. My sisters might, but not this late in the day."

"How many sisters do you have?" Stella asked.

"Including my Mom, six."

"Addie is your sister?"

"She adopted me."

"You look really young Addie.

"Thank you Jeri, I'm eighteen."