Chapter 25 Land of Fire and Ice

Start from the beginning

"Then stop threatening us you big lump, you'll scare the new girls." Loki laughed.

"I'm dying little one, but it is good to see you."

"Kaitlyn, Gemma, Adrianna this is Loki," Maryann said. "He threatened to eat us when we first met." All the witches were at Loki's side.

"We brought you a remedy," Theodora said, "it will help."

"I've been unable to swallow for about two months."

"Adrianna could you grab a rather large lump of the stuff. I brought a hammer."

"I have a heavy canvas bag," Maryann said, "It will be easier to crush it and measure the dose." The others watched as Elodia and Maryann took a large chunk of the ruby silver and put in it the canvas bag and begin to hammer it. When they tired Theodora took over then Susan followed by Kaitlyn, Adrianna and Gemma.

"It's a fine powder now," Gemma said looking into the bag.

"You're the newest healer Addie, would you like to administer the dose?"

"Yes I would!"

"Just take a fist full, you'll need to really put it in far. You'll know when you have it in far enough when Loki gags."

"What if I accidental nip off your hand?" Loki said.

"I'll poke you in the eye," Adrianna said laughing.

"I used to be able to scare humans," Loki said with a sign.

"You still do Loki, but we love you. So don't waste your time trying," Maryann said. Adrianna had her arm in Loki's mouth all the way to her shoulder before the dragon gaged and she released the powder. Loki's skin responded almost immediately taking on brighter colors.

"You should be feeling better in a day or so," Theodora said. "If not tell Pip and we be back. We are leaving about two hundred pounds of ruby silver for all of you. Please use it. It will keep you all healthy."

"Pip said you gave her some too," Loki said.

"We gave it all but Ruby."

"I'm am feeling different. Actually I feel hungry. No not for you little ones," Loki laughed, "It's fish I crave. Thank you all of you for caring. I have an egg. It went into torpor two days before hatching, take it with you."

Kaitlyn knelt by the egg and as she reached for it, it began swirling in multiple colors and as she touched it flame surrounded it and her hands. "Thank you," Kaitlyn whispered as she held the precious egg. Elodia handed her a fleece lined canvas bag, and Kaitlyn gently placed the egg in the bag.

"Let's be away now," Elodia said as the mounted their dragons.

"Are we going to our secret island?" Pip asked.

"Follow Pip," Elodia said as they climbed high in the sky over the volcano and then with a pop they were over a sandy little island in a crystal clear blue sea.

"It is a rush to go through the void, Teddi," Adrianna said.

"I simply love it," Teddi laughed.

"I felt it too!" Gemma said.

"Behold our secret little island," Elodia said.

"It's gorgeous," Gemma said. "Are we stopping for lunch?"

"Yes, but we should swim with the dragons first." They landed together and under a canopy of palm leaves and unsaddled the dragons. Then undressing they entered the water.

"This is so warm!" Adrianna said. "And I've never seen such white sand. It's so soft.

"Ride Ruby into deep water. Dragons are powerful swimmers." Straddling Ruby with Gemma, Adrianna rode the dragon into deep water. Then taking deep breaths they dove. The water was crystal clear even at depth. Colorful fish swam everywhere. Gemma grabbed Adrianna's arm pointing to a shark. They rose again to the surface.

"Odie! We saw a shark!" Gemma shouted.

"You'll see lots of them. They won't come close to the dragons."

"We saw a ton of colorful fish," Adrianna said.

"We are swimming in a coral reef," Maryann said. "Just don't touch anything."

They continued to swim diving deep and looking with awe at the reef. Adrianna saw Theodora standing on Pip and ridding the large waves further down the beach. She and Gemma joined her. "What are you doing Teddi?"

"Dragon surfing, I love it."

They spent the next two hours dragon surfing and swimming and finally returned to the beach. "Leave the towels and follow us," Elodia said as she led them along a trail until they came to a small waterfall and pond. Let's rinse off in fresh water before lunch." Adrianna climbed the rocks of the waterfall then sitting on the top of the waterfall rode it down to the pond screaming. It did not take long before the others followed her. Several times they all gathered at the top of the waterfalls sitting together and linking their legs, rode the water like a great slide. Then they walked back to the beach and sitting on the soft sand ate their lunch. Pip cracked open the thick husk of several coconuts then joined the other dragons in the water to fish.

"I love fresh coconut!" Susan said as she used a rock to open the top of one of the small round nuts and handed it to Gemma.

"I've never had fresh coconut," Gemma said as drank the coconut milk.

"Excuse me everyone," Kaitlyn said, "I'll be in the shade. I need to pump out." She stood and walked to a shady spot.

"Why did she do that?" Gemma asked.

"It helps her maintain her milk for the babies," Maryann said. "Sam's using bottles today while we're gone, so she has to pump out." Gemma kept watching Kaitlyn as she expressed her milk.

"Come here Gemma," Kaitlyn said softly, "I see you're curious, you can have a taste."

They all went swimming in the sea and in the fresh water pond, and sliding down the waterfall one more time after sunning on the beach. Then they let the sun dry their skin and used the towels on their hair. Then braiding their hair and dressing in their uniforms, they saddled their dragons and flew home.

Maude served dinner as they sat together at the table. Kaitlyn and her family had joined them. Kaitlyn's egg still in its canvas bag was at her side. "My Momma will have a baby dragon tomorrow," Eryka said.

"Are you happy about that?" Adrianna asked.

"Oh yes, she will take me flying."

"You two have been tanning a lot," James said to Adrianna and Gemma, "but today your almost copper colored, and you hair has golden highlights."

"We were on a tropical island, I plan on taking you there too," Adrianna said.

"We swam in the ocean with the sharks!" Gemma added. "I was naked all day in the sun!" Maud almost dropped a serving bowl when she heard Gemma's statement.

"It's back to school for you tomorrow."

"I know," she said with a sigh.

"Any friends yet Gemma?"

"A couple of girls. Can I have them over to see Ruby?"

"I'm sure Ruby will be fine with that."

"And we can go swimming in our pond."

"I'll play lifeguard," Adrianna said.

"You can swim with us too."

Later that night when James and Adrianna were alone she whispered, "Shower with me Jimmy, I'll show you my tan."