Chapter 60

Prom night, hotel

Lindsay entered the hotel excited. She saw all of her classmates, wearing their dress and suit.

Lindsay saw the venue room, decorated with the theme 'Paris'.

Lindsay walked elegantly with poise in her purple dress into the room, as she captivated Dennis.

Dennis gasped in astonishment, and said: "You look pretty."

Lindsay said: "I do? Thank you."

Lindsay looked at Dennis' neat and sleek suit.

Lindsay said: "You look good yourself."

Dennis smiled.

Madison, Rebecca, Rachel, Audrey and Marcus all greeted Lindsay and Dennis.

Madison said: "OMG! Lindsay, you're so pretty!"

Lindsay smiled and said: "Thanks.."

Rebecca said: "You both look good together."

Lindsay and Dennis blushed.

Dennis said: "No way!"

Lindsay said: "Nuh uh!"

Rebecca said to the waiter passing by her: "Some cocktails please."

Madison said: "Come on, let's sit down."

Lindsay and her friends sat down at one big table. The waiter delivered them their cocktails.

Madison said: "OMG guys are you excited for the dance?"

Lindsay said: "Sure I am."

They continued chatting until Mr. Dixon called all their attention.

Mr. Dixon said: "Welcome to Hatille University's prom!"

The crowd cheered.

"Now, Principal Spenser has a speech for all of us tonight."

Principal Spenser announced: "The indefatigable school administrators, the dynamic faculty and staff of this school, loving parents, the diligent students of this school who are so beautiful and dashing tonight, guests, dear friends, ladies and gentlemen, a pleasant evening to all. It gives me great pleasure to be with you at Hatille University."

He said: "These surroundings re-enforce the power of God and the ability of human beings to use knowledge to create beauty and give joy to society. This promenade is one of the most anticipated events of a high school student."

He continued: "For us who have already experienced it, it reminds us of a rare ocassion where we are all dressed beautifully and dashingly that at one moment one turns into a prince or a princess. It is the day for one to have his or her first dance, his or her first date, his or for her first puppy or perhaps true love. For many promenades means a day for the hearts. Well, it might be true, for it is a part of high school life, apart of growing up into an adult or a mature person."

He continued: "Tonight we realize that each of us have to face our own responsibilities no matter how hard, no matter how distant its realization might be, no matter what hardships we must face for after all no quitter wins. No ocean is crossed until we sail, no victories ever won without a fight. To the faculty and staff of Hatille University and to all those who have one way or another contributed to the successful holding of this program, I salute you all for a job well done. This is another success. May we continue to inspire our students to become responsible citizens of our community for it is in the schools that we harness our students to their highest potentials. It has been a pleasure to be with you tonight. Thank you so much. I hope I have left an inspiration not only to the students but to all of us who are here tonight. Have a great night."