Chapter 18

I seriously couldn't get rid of vampires. They were becoming apart of my life. And that is not something I want.

 I stared back at the twelve vampires that were staring back at me.

All their eyes were in a mix of black and red. Hunger. I inched my way back behind Brad nervous now. "Don't worry they aren't allowed hurting you." Brad whispered. All the vampires in front of me were male. Which made me feel even more low.

Pat stood up from his seat in the middle of the table.  Images from last night played out like a dream. Then the conversation me and Brad had talked about.

I wouldn't let Pat get to me. He couldn't. He may be stronger, but he had a dark soul, if none at all. They all did but Pats was the darkest of holes, me, my soul was as white as the angels in the sky. Their wings flapping quietly and soothing. I was better then anyone. Mainly meaning vampires.

" Hello Emily, glad you could make it...without a problem." He said with no humor. There was a great distance in between me and the vampires. Which I'm hoping stays that way. 

 He continued on speaking. "You look much better then before, but we are all aware of the attack on you last night, so we will take things slow."

I stared long and hard at him. Oh how I wish I could blurt it out. That he was the one who had attacked me, what a filthy liar he was.

"First of all you will be going tomorrow in the morning to the science room, which is basically where doctors will be helping you out if you hurt yourself, but also its for doing experiments, and there they will take some blood and do a many tests on it, so we can learn more about you and your blood." He said.

"But right now, we want to talk to you about what happened with that vampire that had originally kidnapped you." He said.

My hard stares turned into killer glares. That was not something I was going to talk about. Especially to these joy rides.

I shook my head and turned away from them, heading back towards the giant set of doors. I wasn't taking this crap. I was done, I was my own person now.

"Brad." Ordered Pat. Someones arms wrapped around my waist. "Let me go." I screeched, kicking, I hate being picked up. The floor started to shake, I was shocked, at first it didn't make sense to me, then it dawned on me, that it was me that was doing it. I relaxed and Brad turned us around to face a shocked council, some of their mouths were hanging open, some were frowning in confusion, others with terrified expressions.

"Did she do that?" Asked a man in his thirties. Brad nodded with a bit of worry. "Let me go. Now."  I said with gritted teeth. He obeyed and took a step back, he knew that if he didn't I would kick his ass.

"I need to talk to everyone in the council, including you Brad. Emily go to your room." Pat ordered. I crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm fine, I think I should stay here. It is all about me, isn't it?" I said with so much venom.

They all stared at me with more shock. Clearly no ones ever gotten away back talking Pat. But I kept my face composed in a calm mask, with a smug smile.

"Now." He thundered and the room sounded so much smaller then his voice, but I just stood there not letting him get to me. Goose bumps had slightly risen on my skin but that's how far I was letting him affect me.

He came towards me, "Lay a hand on me, and I'll kill you." I threatened in a deadly tone. Gasps rose from the room.

The fury radiated in his eyes. Good, this was making me feel so much better.

Something filled my chest with a amazing feeling as he got closer, it made me feel strong, like I could do anything. He raised his hand in the air ready to slap me, his hand was half a inch from my face at a blinding fast movement, but it stopped without me flinching.