Chapter 5

Diana's POV

Come on Diana, you can do this, you will not be afraid of that asswipe of a person.

I took a deep breath before picking up two vases in front of me and throwing them across the room, releasing a yell at the same time. Quickly hiding behind the door, I waited as the guards burst into the room to look for the danger. When they had made their way deep into the house, I popped out from behind the door and made a sprint for the front door, dashing out of it. I ran for a good while before I realised that no one was after me and slowed down, catching my breath.

The air of a certain rigid freedom struck me as I looked around, noticing every detail of the pack. It was quite different to what I had imagined. Not everyone wore black, and practiced throwing knives on each other like I had imagined them to be. Instead, people were laughing and taking walks, the kids were playing happily and people had genuine smiles on their faces. Ignoring the few weird stares I was getting from a few people, I walked around the pack, looking for something interesting to do, but the more I did, the more I realised that there was absolutely nothing to do. My mind lingered back to the house, considering my option of going back to being the encaged animal I was, before my eyes landed on the park ahead of me.

A couple of worried voices caught my attention, making me walk closer to the source of the sound to tune in.

"Garret, you promised you'd be here. What am I supposed to tell Vera now? She was so excited to have her friends over so they could paint their faces. It's her birthday, come on... Fine, thank you very much, bye." The woman hung up on the phone, releasing a long sigh.

As I digested her words, my feet began moving me forward. Before I knew it, I was standing right in front of her, my hands clammy and my nerves on edge.

"Hello" the woman looked up from where she was, sending me a confused frown.

"Hello, can I help you?"

"I'm sorry, my name is Diana, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation on the phone. I didn't mean to intrude, but perhaps I can be of help." I offered as kindly as I could. However the woman still seemed confused as her expressions remained the same.

"What do you mean?" She had risen from her seat, towering my petite figure by a bit.

"Well, I heard you talking about needing someone to paint the kids faces, and was just offering my help. You see I am a professional make-up artist, and since I had nothing to do, I could just help you out." The woman stopped, thinking my offer through for a while. Her eyes travelled outside towards the area where the kids were playing , and she took a deep breath, focusing back on me.

"How much do you charge?"

"Oh free of charge. I wouldn't charge you for the little ones." I offered, desperate to get some work done. She looked at me slightly wearily but eventually nodded.

"Alright. You can get started, the face paints are by the table over there, and I'll send the kids." She agreed, making my face light up immediately.

"Thank you so much" A small smile stretched across her face.

"I'm Ana, by the way" she introduced herself shortly, walking away to get the children.

I walked over to the table, organizing the face paints before a little girl had entered the room. She had bright blue eyes and fiery red hair, and by the similarities, I could guess it was Ana's daughter.

"Hello sweetheart, what's your name?" I asked her as she walked in, a bright smile lighting up her little face.

"My name is Vera, what is your name?" she asked, her voice making me melt immediately.

"My name is Diana. Is it your birthday today?" She nodded her head eagerly, making me chuckle.

"I am 5 now!" She exclaimed, holding up five of her little fingers.

"That's great Vera! What would you like to be today sweetheart?" I questioned, showing her the face paints. She sat down on the chair in front of me, taking a minute to think, her eyes wandering around the room. Her eyes lit up as she looked at me next.

"I want to be a butterfly!"

*****

"There you go sweetie, you look just like a lion now!" The little kid in front of me got up with a shot of excitement, running off to join all of his friends.

Ana stood behind me, a stunned expression on her face.

"Thank you so much! You have no idea how happy you've made Vera. I owe you" She thanked me.

"Don't worry about it, I remember how fussy I was when I was that age" I commented, waving it off. She joined my laugh for a minute before she looked at me with curiosity.

"I don't mean to be rude or anything but I have to ask, are you new here? I've never seen you around before." I tensed up at her question, thinking desperately of what to answer with, before the entry of a person through the front door saved me.

"Ana! How are you doing?" the voices erupted from the front door where Ana had excused herself and run off to. I placed a hand on my speeding heart, taking a breath of relief. I looked up at the watch, and decided to return back to Liam's house before he returned.

Slowly, I made my way to the front door, where I saw Ana speaking with a figure.

However it wasn't just any figure.

It was a figure I knew too well.

"Simon?" Instantly, he turned around, his eyes capturing mine with a lot of confusion.

It was soon that both our doubts were confirmed.

We were both werewolves.

A smile spread across my face as I dashed up to him and embraced him in a big hug.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it, how is it that we didn't realise in all these years?!" he exclaimed still embracing me in a hug.

I parted, grabbing onto his arm as I looked back at him.

"I have no idea, but I'm so glad you're here" He smiled, but soon it turned into something else.

"Which reminds me, what are you doing here Dee? You were never part of this pack" He stated, once again bringing the question up. All the while, Ana had been silently watching the exchange between us in astonishment.

I took a deep breath, ready to answer before the answer had revealed itself in another form.

A loud growl had erupted through the room, making our eyes avert to him immediately, standing with his fists clenched by the door, an angry expression on his face.

Liam.

 A/N

So Simon is a werewolf! Anybody expecting that?? Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and let me know what you think!

Picture of Simon to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha