Chapter 13

I looked at my face in the mirror, horrified at what I saw. My face looked like a fucking horror movie. A massive bruise covered most of the left side of my face, spreading over the bridge of my nose. One of my eyes was swollen shut, and I needed stitches on my lip, eyebrow and cheek. Don't ask me what I hit that fucked me up this way, I can't remember. 

I lumber out of the bathroom, searching for my morning coffee. Ashley was still stomping around getting dressed for school, she shoved past me into the bathroom, slamming the door hard enough to make my head throb. Sweet jesus, had everything always been this loud?

My mother was fixing breakfast, oatmeal for me, since it was easier to chew. Chewing, or moving my face in any way, has become my enemy. I never realized how much the muscles in my face move until now, even the slightest twitch pains me. I needed the paralyzing effects of botox.

My mother pulled me into a warm hug, like she did every time I came within three feet of her. It didn't bother me much, I knew she was still freaked over what happened. It made sense. I was still freaked over it, honestly. It had been two days since my collision, and my mother wanted me to take some time off, relax and heal up before I went back.

My father wanted me to consider a new school, a fresh start. But the idea of not seeing Wendy every day freaked me out too much to even think about it. I'd get my face bashed in every day if I could see her. It was more than worth it.

 "How are you feeling sweetie? Any better?" my mom looked me up and down, a pained expression shooting across her face. I gave her a small smile, trying my best not to wince. She appreciated the effort, glowing back at me, and handing me a steaming bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeals. Yum.

"I'm okay. Not as sore, but slamming doors kinda makes that worse," I mumbled. I slipped into my chair, shoving a spoonful of my breakfast in my mouth. The sooner I was done, the sooner I could go back to my room. I didn't like anyone seeing me llike this.

Ashley stomped in, sporting a skirt that was way too short for her, and a top that looked like it was painted on. She looked at me like I was mental, waved my car keys in my face, not bothering to speak.

"Not taking you, not until you change. You look like a hooker." I looked down into my bowl, bracing myself for impact. Just as Ashley started screaming, my mother turned on her heel, getting an eyefull of her sweet baby girl.

"Ashley Samantha, what in god's name are you wearing?" She loomed over the tiny teen, in full mom mode. I watched, safe from the fire, glad that mom was putting her foot down. Ashley was getting to firey. Thinking she could get away with anything, maybe this would make mom check through her closet to see what else she had hidden away in there.

 "It's- Everyone is wearing them, it's just a skirt. What's the big deal?" she whinned, stomping her foot in the way that only a bratty kid could. But stomping your foot was never the way to go with Ma. Bad idea, little girl.

"I don't care if everyone is wearing them, you're too young to be going out looking like that. I'll be taking you to school from now on, and checking what you wear every day. Now, go change." Her voice was dead serious. Cold and stern, even Ashley couldn't argue.

She stomped off to her room, yelling about how it wasn't fair, that Mom was ruining her life, falala. My Mother stood, waiting for her to come back in proper clothes, her shoulders were tense. I finshed my breakfast, rinsed the bowl, and put it in the dishwasher. Without thinking, I hugged her from behind. Placing my head on her shoulder.

"Thanks for breakfast, Mom. It's was great, I'm gonna go work on my assignments. I kissed her cheek, and headed down the hall to my room. Ashley busted out of her room, her hellfire eyes trained on me.

"This is all your fault! You....you freak!" She turned on her heels and stomped back toward the kitchen. 'You freak.' 'Freak..'

I closed my eyes, slumping against the wall, my head suddenly spinning.  

Freak.

Freak.

Freak.

At home now too. When was this ever going to end...