Chapter 1: Captured

Start from the beginning

Eventually my curiosity got the best of me, and I flung myself over the side of the wall and attacked the intruder.

All that could be heard was my body smashing that someone to the ground.

"Good, my young padewan. Now, you must get some answers. Who are they? What do they want?"

I momentarily forgot about questioning a damn intruder because I was trying not to get myself killed.

My hands were wrapped around someones throat, and they were making these weird choking and gasping nosies,which I completely ignored.

It's not like I was supposed to listen to every curse word they mutter, after all they are trying to kill me.

My master coaxed me in my head, this was the moment of truth.

I whispered, almost hauntingly in a threatening voice filled with danger, " I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

My eyes were shut, possibly from the thrill that rolled up my spine, but quickly opened as I felt hands grabbing my upper arms and trying to pull me off the intruder.

I knew that touch just like the back of my hand.

''Eva! Relax! Its just Max!"

I immediately released my hold and looked down at who was getting the wrath of Eva.

I was on top of Max, strangling him with my hands. His red puffed up face was now panting for air, grabbing his throat and looking at me like I was the she-devil he'd wished he never met.

"Im...sorry?" I said, trying to show a small grin at what I had done.

How would I have known it was Max? I just woke up for crying out loud! You don't piss a woman off while she slumbers! Didn't Disney teach that in sleeping beauty?

All I got in response was a grunt and something that sounded like 'geth ofh meh'.

My head swung around to look at Ethan, my dork of a best friend, who was chuckling and offering his hand.

I took it gladly as he pulled me up to my feet, letting air finally get into Max's lungs.

Max was a kind-hearted man that helped us and had let us stay at his home. He was around 45 years of age, yet it only appeared as if he was 30 with light brown hair and warm chocolate eyes.

My head abruptly snapped when Ethan burst out laughing his stupid butt off, not bothering to keep it in. This guy has got some serious mental problems.

And will have some serious physical issues also if he doesn't stop, I thought darkly.

I glared at him, and yet his laughter did not cease to end.

"You.....are.....ova.....protective....." he said in between each of his breathes.

I crossed my arms over my chest and simply replied, my eyes narrowed onto him," And who's over-protectiveness saved a certain someone's ass?" I raised my brows waiting for him to give me a reasonable explanation.

"Aww...God! Your mad face is so cute!" he laughed, as I turned away shutting my eyes and thinking of a million ways of making his life a living hell.

Dying his hair green was sounding better by the second. Then he can join Santa in the plot to kill me.

I turned back to look at him. He stood back up brushing his fingers through his short dirty blonde hair.
He was attractive in a Ed-Sheeran kind of way, with his blue eyes and well toned body, but we were just friends. Definitely, nothing more. He was one of those cute boys that were always overly kind.