Chapter 11

A/N: Hey you guys! I've missed you!

So I'm kind of sort of but not really back. Confusing? believe me, I know.

Ok, so I post constant updates on my message board on what I'm up to, but I don't know how many of you are actually reading them. But right now, for those of you who don't read them, I am taking a stab at NaNoWriMo this year! If you're doing it too then comment down below :)

I'm using this story actually, and working on it for the 50k word goal by November 30. I'm just about half way there and it's only 5 days in so I think I'm doing pretty good. But anyway, I might post the chapters I'm writing out now, or after NaNoWriMo, but unfortunately this is probably the only book I'll be updating for a while.

But anyway, this chapter is all about Gryffin. It was super awesome to write because I'm finally starting to shape the character I want. But yeah, so enjoy! Sorry team Hunter, you'll have to wait until next chapter for your dose....oh and I'm going to apologize in advance for Hunter in that update....um, yeah....

Question of the Chapter is posted at the bottom as always!

3 votes until next chapter!

______________________________________________________

***Gryffin's POV***

God, I felt like such a whore. A filthy whore. Why couldn't I get clean? I just wanted to get rid of it all, but I couldn't. It was part of me now, and always would be. There's only one way out of this hell, but my own brother took that away from me when he left.

I still couldn't believe he left me to fend for myself in this hell hole. I could see the look in these peoples' eyes when they looked at me; they didn't think I could see it, but I could. The poisonous glares they sent me when they thought I wasn't looking. They wanted nothing more than to kill me, and if they ever manned up and tried to, I would let them. I would welcome it. It's all I wanted really.

The water of the shower began to run cold and I shut it off, defeated. I still hadn't gotten the awful filth off, but then again, I never did. I would keep trying though.

I rubbed the fog away from the mirror and stared deeply into it. I hated the person staring back at me. His shaggy black hair, sicky pale skin, his skin-and-bones frame. He was disgusting. Maybe he did deserve what kept coming to him.

I knew I did most of the damage myself. Most of the deep scars across my chest, shoulders, arms and legs were my fault - most of them. The bones protruding from my skin were my fault. I didn't eat, and I threw up what I did. They didn't look real though, like someone airbrushed the shadows underneath my ribs and collarbones. I brushed my fingers lightly over my rib cage, and pulled back, disgusted. Just looking at myself made me want to throw up, but I had nothing in my stomach to give. So I locked gazes with my reflection.

Even though Hunter and I were identical, I was always jealous of his eyes. Just something about the way they looked always seemed happy and bright, carefree even when he was upset. They lost some of that after the accident, but it never quite left.

But I hate my eyes. They were a dark grey-blue, intimidating and piercing. To me, they always looked dull and angry at the world, even when I was happy. They kind of reminded me of a stormy ocean, the kind that takes countless lives. Well, at least they lived up to my name.

With a sigh, I turned away from the mirror and slipped into my clothes - black skinny jeans and a black My Chemical Romance t-shirt. They were one of my favorite bands of all time.

I unlocked the bathroom door and stepped out into the hall. I was just about to go back into my bedroom when I heard my name being called from downstairs. Fuck. Harriet was having some guests over for dinner tonight, so I couldn't pull my usual throw out my dinner when Harriet wasn't looking stunt. Damn it, I really didn't have the energy to throw up today, but I guess I didn't have much of a choice.