Chapter 9

A/N: Hey you guys!

So I'm writing this 'cause I have a serious case of insomnia right now, and because I've been looking forward to it since I've started this book XD

I'm not sure how long it will be as I'm writing this, so I'm sorry if it's short, but I'll do my best to write it well to make up for it.

You're going to get a bit of a different POV near the end, so bear with me. I'm trying to build the character slowly, so writing from that view with be a challenge for me. Hopefully I get it just right :)

Anyway enough from me!

Question of the Chapter is at the bottom as always so leave you answer in the comments below!

2 votes until next chapter!

Vote! Comment! Fan! Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

***Allison's POV***

I was all out of tears as the last box of Hunter's stuff was loaded into the bed of the expensive looking pick-up truck that belonged to the Blackwoods. They were amazing people; I'd met them earlier and I couldn't deny that I was extremely happy that Hunter had found such great people for a new family. I always knew a day like this would come, but that didn't mean I was ready for it.

"We'll just wait in the car, okay Hunter? Take all the time you want. There's no rush at all," Mr. Blackwood - Samuel, I learned - reassured my best friend. Hunter nodded and smiled up at him. Mr. Blackwood smiled back and ruffled his hair before getting into the driver's side of the truck. Mrs. Blackwood - Chelsea - was already in the truck. Hunter dropped his gaze to the cement and shoved his hands in his pockets before looking back up to me and slowly strolling over.

Ever since the incident last night, there has been nothing but tension and uneasiness between us. We did something we never did and slept opposite to each other on his bed last night, but we still somehow woke up with my back pressed to his chest, his arm wrapped around me and cheek face buried in the crook of my neck with our legs twisted together. Before, we wouldn't have even questioned it, but today we couldn't get away from each other and start packing fast enough.

But why was I avoiding him when I liked what he did last night? Yeah, I wasn't that classic ignorant teenage girl in books that was obviously crushing on someone and was too stupid too realize it until the end. And after how my heart was racing and my breathing hitched, I knew I had some kind of feelings for Hunter. I wanted to forget it happened and go back to the easy, uncomplicated  way things were before...but I needed him to kiss me again. I knew I wasn't like, in love with him or anything. Just a crush that would inevitably end at some point, but right now, with him standing two feet in front me, nervously nibbling his lip ring, I was  just about ready to pounce on him. I didn't though; I wasn't that crazy.

"So I guess this is it," I whispered weakly and he nodded sadly. 

"Yeah." His bottom lip trembled slightly, and even though I knew that was a sign that he was really upset, I just couldn't help but notice how adorable it was. But I pushed that and the awkwardness aside and practically tackled him into a hug, nearly knocking us both to the ground. He hesitantly returned it, sliding his arms around my shoulders and tightly squeezing me to his chest. "I don't want to go, Alligator," he choked out. I smiled sadly at my old nickname.

"I know, Crocodile," I told him. "But you have to." I had to push him away gently because he wouldn't let go. Hurt flashed in his eyes but  I knew I had to do it or he wouldn't leave. "Have you talked to Gryffin?" The most frightened, devastated look crossed his face and I saw his eyes glisten with tears when he reached up and tugged at his lip ring - another sure sign that he was nervous or upset.