S e v e n .

Jessica's pov.

Is 9 pm and I'm in my room with my headphones on looking at the window crying.

My parents are back home for 4 hours now and my dad is already drunk.

Yes, my dad has his moments when he let's the alcohol take control over his mind.

He ends up arguing with my mom, yelling at us, judging us like he's the perfect one, the king and we have to do everything he orders.

Sometimes, in moments like this I just want to leave home, and come back the next day so I won't have to deal with him yelling at me for being useless or judging me for my decisions or for my actions. I shake my head, I guess today is the day I will do this.

I went up to my dresser and got a pair of black sweatpants, white blouse, black hoodie and my black vans.

"Hey, where are you going?" I turn around to see my brother, Mark leaning against the door with a confused face.

"None of your business." I say as I start dressing up. "Mark, can you leave? I'm trying to change." I groan.

"Can I come with you?" He asks looking down.

"Lock yourself in your room. I don't want you to get in trouble." I sigh.

"But-"

"Just do it." He nods and leaves the room.

I lock my door and I start changing myself. My dad's yells were loud with every second and I feel like I will explode.

After I change myself I put my hair into a ponytail and I went to my window opening it slowly.

"Jess?" My dad knocks on my door.

Fuck.

"Why is your door locked?" He asks and I start panicking.

"Dad, she is sleeping." I hear my brother talking.

"She never locked her door."

"She doesn't feel well." I can feel how my brother starts panicking.

"Oh. I will talk to her tomorrow. Now go to sleep too." My dad says and I hear how he goes back downstairs.

I sigh in relief as I take my phone and message my brother.

Me: I'm still in my room. Thanks for backing me up.

Stupid kid😑: welcome. u own me tho

Me: how much?

Stupid kid😑: no money

Me: ok? Then?

Stupid kid😑: we will talk about that later

Stupid kid😑: I have to think about something good

Me: k kiddo. I gtg

He left me on read and I decide to take action. I put my right leg out of the window, and then the other, and then I start climbing down.

As I got on the ground I put my headphones on along with my hood over my head and I start walking.

This is the first time I'm sneaking out. This is the first time I don't feel scared about walking alone at night. This is the first time I want to be alone. No best friend, no mom, no brother, nobody, just me.

After walking for a while I start crying and I checked my phone to see that is almost 10 and when I look up, I finally realised I don't know where I am.