• Chapter Ten •

First Date

It was spring break when Nat started to realize that he had feelings for Savannah. They had become close friends ever since they talked the first day of school and she became one of his close friends. Nat sat at a table outside a local restaurant where everyone usually goes to after school and Savannah was there already with her friends. Nat stared at her for a couple seconds as he appreciated how beautiful she looked today and Savannah looked over and noticed that he was already staring.

Nat quickly looked down which caused Savannah to giggle and turn her attention back to her friends. "If you don't ask her out Nat, I swear I will." His best friend Lucas said and Nat rolled his eyes as he looked at him.
  "I want to ask her out, but what if she just wants to be friends?" He asked nervously and Lucas shrugged as he sat back in his seat.
"You'll never know unless you try, plus ever since you two became friends she denies every single guy who asks her on a date." Lucas pointed out and Nat looked back over at Savannah with questioning eyes.
"Alright, it doesn't hurt to ask." He sighed and then stood up slowly. "I'm just gonna go up to her and ask her." He said confidently and Lucas chuckled as he leaned back in his chair.
"Good luck, Nat." Luke called after Nat as he slowly approached Savannah. Her friends stopped talking once they noticed that he was walking over to them and then suddenly started giggling as Savannah tried to hush them and moved her hair behind her shoulder. Nathan felt like his heart was going to burst. He had never been so nervous in his entire life and he had no idea why he was acting this way. It was just Savannah. His best friend that he trusted his life with.

"Hi Savannah." He greeted her and she smiled a little at him as she waved.

"Hi Nat, what's up?" She asked and her friends behind next to her were watching their conversation intently and with wide eyes waiting to see what was going to happen.

"Oh nothing, I just came over here to ask you if you would like to go on a date with me?" He asked confidently and Savannah's eyes widened as she stared at him in shock. She couldn't believe this was happening. She had dreamed of this moment since homecoming when they had gone to the dance together as friends but she started to fall for him when they slow danced together in the cramped gym filled with noisy teenagers and other couples and she wanted nothing more than to kiss him right then and there but she thought that he only wanted to be friends. But here he was, asking her on a date and making all her dreams become a reality.

"Um, yeah sure Nat. I'd love too." She said and Nat let out a deep breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding in and huge grin appeared on his face and Savannah couldn't help but smile back at him.

"Awesome! I will pick you up from your house at five-thirty, okay?" He said excitedly as he started backing away from her.

"Okay, sounds good." She giggled and Nat chuckled as he turned back around and Luke smile at him as Nat walked back to his table. He heard squeals of excitement behind him and he knew her friends found out and he smiled as he sat down next to Luke.

"Finally!" Luke tease and Nat chuckled as he rolled his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

*Sophomore Year*

After their first date last year, they realized that they were inseparable and didn't want to be away from one another. They were truly in love with each other and they both knew they were soulmates, they didn't care that they were only sixteen years old. They knew that they were in love. Savannah watched Nat in his backyard practicing basketball with his Dad and she smiled when his Dad blocked Nat's shot and he groaned tiredly. "Dad, it's too hot to play basketball." Nat complained and his Dad sighed as took in deep breaths and placed his hands on his hips.