I: Nice to see you, again?

Start from the beginning

Ashley started to walk towards her pickup truck and stood next to the car before turning around to look at me. "Take care of your new roommate unlike what you did to me." She patted me back lightly. I pouted "I thought we had mutual understanding!" Ashley shook her head playfully and went inside her truck.

"Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, graduate of class 2015!" I shouted mockingly.

She laughed and saluted. "By the way good luck getting back your girl." She winked before driving off.

What? What did she mean by that?

_

"Chancho!"

"Mila!"

I turned around to see who was calling me and before I knew it, I was tackled down on the floor by two bodies. I grunted from the pain and opened my eyes to meet the familiar faces that I can recognize anywhere. "Ally! Cheechee!" I hugged them tightly.

"I thought you guys are coming tomorrow! You should've told me!" I scolded them.

"Ally wanted to surprise you." Dinah said and Ally smiled brightly while nodding. "I was surprised alright." I chuckled. "When did you guys arrive?" I asked, continuing to unpack my my belonging from the boxes. "We just arrived this morning." Dinah answered. "Geez, school only starts in a few days and you're already waking up early in the morning."

"It wasn't easy waking up Dinah in the morning. She almost punched me in the jaw!" Ally pouted while rubbing her jaw. "Besides, we wanted to explore the campus." She continued. "Anybody would know not to ruin my beauty sleep." Dinah countered. I just chuckled at my two arguing friends.

What did I do to deserve such great friends?

It wasn't east coping with the fact that I moved out of our apartment after that day. I had to move to my parents house for a few months and that's when I met Dinah and Ally. They were really friendly. We met in a cafe. Being the clumsy me, I accidentally poured my coffee on Ally. Dinah just laughed at her friends faces when I kept apologizing to Ally.

After that, we hang out and became best friends. I also told them about my previous breakup and they were supportive and even set me up with a few dates.

"So Mila, how is your relationship with Aus-" Dinah got interrupted by the door opening.

"Camz?" A husky voice called out to me. Nobody calls me Camz except...

"...Lauren?" My hands started to shake as I try to keep my composure. Tears started to flood in my eyes but I try to hold them in. Just like that, she comes back into my life. I tried to bury my feelings and then BAM! She suddenly comes back.

I finally turn around to see the see those familiar green eyes that I used to love. My body went rigid as I silently cried. Quiet whimpers came out of me and she finally went out of her shock and came running to me. Lauren hugged me tightly and buried her face at the crook of my neck. I didn't know how to respond. Do I push her away? Do I hug her back?

So I went with the latter.

I reluctantly hugged her back with my trembling hands. I felt something wet at the side of my neck. Is she crying? I buried my face in her hair as I let her silently cried on my shoulder. Her hair smelled like roses. It's this familiar smell that made me miss her. We both silently cried to each other as both of my friends watched our interaction in confusion.

"Lo," I tightened my hold on her, clenching the back of her shirt in a fist.

Soon she calmed down and her hold on me slightly loosened. Lauren was still letting out quiet sobs and I gladly let her calm down. I lift my head to look at my friends behind her. They were looking at us with concern but didn't say a thing.