Chapter Thirty-Two: Corny Little Shit

Unlocking the front door, I slid into the house with Gray right behind me. Due to the fact that I wanted to avoid any contact with his mother before the dreaded dinner, we though that it would be wiser to go to my house instead.

"I haven't been in here for some time now," he pointed just as I closed the door behind him. Rolling my eyes, I wanted to yell at him again for having the nerve to break one of our windows. Mom already gave me an earful when she saw and I transferred that scolding to Gray, plus adding a few not-so-decent profanities along the way.

In the end, he paid for the repairs before buying me a large ass teddy bear to get back into my good graces.

As we entered the living room, we saw mom on the couch, an apple on one hand with the other hovering over the keyboard of her laptop. Still clad in her office clothes, she attempted to do some work while the television provided some sort of background noise.

I cleared my throat to gather her attention and she looked up from the screen, removing her reading glasses and setting it down on the coffee table. She opened her mouth to greet me, but the words died down in her throat when she saw the boy standing next to me.

Switching my gaze from her to my boyfriend, I smirked before hugging his arm, "Mom, you've met Gray before, right?"

Her expression became more stern as she crossed her arms over her chest, standing up from her position on the couch, "Yes, but I think a reintroduction is needed."

Stretching out an arm, Gray tried to present her a polite smile, "Gray Martyn, ma'am, nice to meet you again."

He was clearly putting up an act and I knew that he was doing his absolute best to not laugh when we saw mom's jaw slowly drop as she numbly lifted a hand to shake his. While she was still in shock, I laced my fingers together as I dropped the bomb, "I'm officially going out with Gray, mom."

She looked like she was about to faint and I don't blame her. Gray Martyn, this town's notorious bad boy, what most mothers gossip about keeping their child away from, the same guy who she almost caught sneaking out multiple times, the reason why I usually don't come home, the infamous player, was now her daughter's boyfriend.

In my opinion, it was better this way. Only I can understand him in the way he wants and if you forget all those rumors about him, he's a really great guy deep inside.

"We're going to study here," I told her, dropping my bag on the sofa.

She was still processing the information as she slowly nodded, walking out of the room with her laptop under her arm. I held back a snicker as I bent down to grab the remote and turn the tv off.

"Do you think she hates me?" Gray questioned, settling down on the couch, "Scratch that, I already know that she hates me."

Darling, she hated you the day you first walked into this house back in sophomore year so don't be so surprised nor be disappointed.

"And that makes it all the better," I grinned, taking the spot next to him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to the space in-between his legs, "I don't want that, I need your parents' approval."

Sorry to break it to you, honey, but my mom doesn't like you and your reputation. Dad, on the other hand, is still so sold on Evan that I fear that he wouldn't favor you if I told him that I rejected him in exchange for you.

"You don't need that," I grinned as he placed his chin on top of my shoulder, "And besides, when did you care about these kind of things?"

"When it was about you," he replied simply, lifting his head and when I turned my face, we were inches apart.