Chapter Thirty: Please Shut Up

"What are you two doing here?!" he suddenly asked, pulling me behind him so he would cover my body.

Sweetheart, let me answer that for you... it's their fucking house!

"I'm at that point where I don't even know what question I should ask first," his mother spoke, "I thought I would come home and surprise my two sons with a good homemade breakfast, not this."

Okay, I understand where this woman was coming from. She had every right to be upset because first of all, her oldest son wasn't here and then I came in before they could even see their other child.

To be fair I'm in a proper relationship now with Gray. It's not like they actually believed that he would hold off before marriage because let me tell you, that's just a faraway dream for them and I don't even know when he lost his virginity. That conversation never really came up.

Wait, I'm drifting off topic again.

She rubbed her temples before sitting by the kitchen counter, "Honey, you take over."

His father switched his gaze from his wife, to Gray, and then to me. Scratching his head, I could almost see the gears in his head turning as he tried to think of the best approach for this situation. Clearing her throat, he eyed me before he started to say, "How are you, Clara?"

"I'm good sir," I quipped, peeking from Gray's towering figure. He nodded in approval before he noticed the incredulous look that his wife was giving him. He shrugged in response as he smiled sheepishly, hoping that it would calm her down.

Now I knew where Gray gets his quirks.

"Please get dressed properly first," Mrs. Martyn sighed, waving us off. Gray didn't waste another second as reached behind him and took my hand, pulling me with him out of the room.

You know, the scene I had mind was one of those corny morning-after breakfast where I will wear nothing but his and shirt while he couldn't get his hands off me – finding me absolutely irresistible.

But then again, I'm irresistible enough as I am.

Once we reached his bedroom, he picked up my dress on the floor for me as he went to scout for my shoes, "Sorry you had to be part of that."

"I'm used to walking into situations that I'm not supposed to," I muttered, entering his walk-in closet to get a bit of privacy as I changed into the clothes I was wearing last night, "But now I think I should go home."

"Yeah," he agreed, putting on a clean shirt after pulling on a pair of jeans, "I'll drive you."

Going out, I shook my head, "Your mom would explode if you step a foot out of this house."

And what I have failed to mention before was Gray's mom was extremely strict with her boys. She should be, considering their track record of mischief. Their father on the other hand was as chill as can be, always muttering something about letting them enjoy their youth or something.

"I don't care," he mumbled as he opened his bedroom door for me, "Then how will you get home?"

"Uber?" I suggested, taking out my phone from my clutch, "I'm a master of sneaking out of this house."

Although hesitant, he agreed to my words as we quietly went down the stairs, pausing at each step to check if they could hear us. Instead of making our way back to the kitchen, we took a detour to the front door and Gray slowly clicked it open, making sure that it didn't produce any sound.

Just before I could slip out, he lightly grabbed my shoulder, making me stop to look at him, "Goodbye kiss?"

Letting out a low snicker, I pressed my lips onto his cheek before shooting him a wink just when we heard his mother, "Gray, are you done yet?!"