Chapter Fourteen: Crazy Hell Lady

I pulled up into the school with the backseat of my car filled with a huge amount of sunflowers. I honked my horn to signal the team who I told to wait for me so they could help me with unloading these pollen filled creatures.

We carried the flowers inside the building and I headed straight to Erin's locker after I told the girls to scatter the sunflowers around the school. I coaxed the student body president that what I was doing was a project for beautifying the school and she quickly approved. Besides, I'm quite friendly with her so she wouldn't really reject it as long as I pretend that all intentions are good.

Opening her locker with the combination I had, it clicked open and I placed a huge bouquet inside. Picking out the biggest flower, I tapped it at her door before I shut it closed. When I did, I jumped in surprise when I saw Evan staring down at me with a disappointed look.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Tilting my head to the side, I spoke, "Have you ever been in love?"

He paused for a moment, thinking about his answer. He then shook his head as a reply, "No, I don't think so."

"Good," I nodded, turning on my heel, "I haven't been as well."

"That makes no sense!" he groaned as I walked away.

Vivian flashed me a smile as she gave me a thumbs up, confirming that they had done their job. As I passed by the doors, I saw Erin come in with her two sidekicks. Should I really bother with their names?

Let's see, I'll call the one on the right Side and the one on the left Kick.

Those two better be grateful that they have a spot in my memory.

Taking a spare bouquet from one of my teammate's hands, I approached the trio with the fakest smile, "Hey Erin."

When she noticed me her eyes showed caution as she took an instinctive step back. Raising my eyebrows, I mentally told myself to keep my composure, "I'm so sorry about the other day, I was just blinded by anger."

And still currently am.

"Okay," she squeaked out, taking another step back.

Calm, Clara. You're in front of everybody now.

"As an apology," I said, handing her the bouquet. Well, more like forced it into her arms, "I got you some flowers."

The moment it came to a close proximity, she started going into a sneeze frenzy, automatically dropping the bouquet onto the ground as she covered her mouth and nose.

I'm not even going to stick around because I know the result I wanted is already happening. I gave her a smile and herded the girls away as I went on to my first class – which I'm spending with Gray.

Since this was a class where our teacher said that our seat during the first day of classes will be our seats for the whole year, Gray and I have no choice but to endure this our spots next to each other for a full period.

But turns out, I didn't have to.

I don't know if he was absent or late, but he didn't show up. The desk next to me was empty and I just kept staring at it for the longest time.

Hold up, if he's late, it's done time for him. He has reached the maximum amount of tardiness that the principal allowed him ever since his suspension. If he's absent, he can just whip up a lie about being sick or something but the principal wouldn't believe him if he's late.

No, Gray can't get kicked out of the team. That's the only thing he has been rooting for ever since he got in.

I slammed my head on the desk, emitting a loud thud. The teacher paused in the discussion and turned to me, "Anything wrong, Harper?"