Chapter Sixteen: Shirtless Table Dancing

Chapter Sixteen Part One

I would have never thought that one of the most cliché scenes where I would be awaken by a phone ringing would actually happen to me.

But it did.

My loud ass annoying ringtone suddenly jolted me awake from the sleep that I was having. Quickly sitting up, I blindly felt around my bed, cringing when I felt a stray piece of chocolate that probably fell out during my night of self-pity.

I'm just banging down all these stereotypes, aren't I?

When I managed to take hold of the cold piece of metal that was my phone, I answered it, not even bothering with checking the name, "Hello?"

"How's my favorite cousin?" I could hear Hallie's chirpy voice greet from the other line.

Groaning, I flopped back down onto my mattress, my head sinking into the pillows, "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

"It's noon," she informed.

My eyes bulged out of their sockets as I sat back up, my eyes focusing on the digital clock on my bedside table. When I noticed that she was correct, I scrambled around to get up, causing me to fall onto the floor in the process.

I have never been so happy that I invested on that fluffy pink rug. Softest thing to catch my fall ever.

As my phone was still pressed up against my ear, I ran to my closet to pick out an outfit for the day, "Why did you call anyways?"

"I should be asking why you're in such a frazzled mess when it's a Saturday," she quipped back, "Just making sure you're going to make it to the rehearsal dinner."

I cringed when I remembered that Hallie's wedding was on this coming weekend. Aside from the fact that she's expecting Gray to be with me, I also have to be that bridesmaid who didn't attend any of the rehearsals.

I love her and all, but picking me as bridesmaid was the worst idea she has ever thought of.

"Yeah I'll be there," I answered, hopping around as I tried to put on my pants, "And I'm hurrying because I have cheer practice."

Which I scheduled to be at nine, if I may add.

She said her goodbye and hanged up as I raced to the bathroom. Well, as fast as I can go with this little ankle of mine. It doesn't help that it was less than pleased because I made it go through some work with the cheers last night.

Grabbing a pair of shoes, I snatched my gym bag and headed downstairs. Like expected, both adults has gone to work so the house was already empty aside from this homebody. With my whole set of keys clanging with on my keychain, I shut off all the electricals and lights before I locked the doors.

Heading to my car, I threw my bag on the passenger seat as I dialed Vivian's number, putting on speaker before putting it down as I started the engine.

"The amazing Vivian speaking," she greeted and I rolled my eyes, backing out of my parking, "What's up with the captain?"

"Please tell me that you at least started warming up without me," I said, although I already knew the answer.

Without anyone yapping at them around, they're not going to move an inch.

"About that..." she trailed off and I instantly knew that I wasn't going to like the answer.

"Where are you?" I asked, my grip on the steering wheel getting tighter.

"At the mall," she replied sheepishly.